• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uninstall IE6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sorin

I really want to uninstall Internet Explorer 6 from my OS. I've got Win 2k Pro running service pack 4. I've read the sticky at the top of the forum that mentioned IE Eradicator, so I went to the site. But it gave me some BS about sr1 and sr2? Is that supposed to mean SP1 and SP2? As in service packs? Does this mean that since I have service pack 4, I can't use IE Eradicator to get IE6 the hell off my system?

Ack, HELP!

Edit: To clarify, I want to remove Internet Explorer altogether. IE6 is just what I currently have. I won't be replacing it with other versions, FYI.

Is it not the case that IE is required for you to be able to use Windows Update?

Can't you simply set your chosen browser as the default one and forget about IE until you need it to get the next critical update?

nightowl said:
Is it not the case that IE is required for you to be able to use Windows Update?

Damnit, I think you're right. Go microsoft
jerkit.gif

Alrighty then. How about I just use the program to dis-integrate IE from Windows, then reinstall it as a stand-alone or whatever?

Back