• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delay when clicking internet explorer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarianH

Registered
Sometimes, when I click the quick launch icon for INTERNET EXPLORER, it will take like 40 seconds for the internet explorer to open. While its waiting, you cant even click the quick launch bar.

I heard this was common in xp. Anyone else have this happen to them?

What causes it

DarianH said:
Sometimes, when I click the quick launch icon for INTERNET EXPLORER, it will take like 40 seconds for the internet explorer to open. While its waiting, you cant even click the quick launch bar.

I heard this was common in xp. Anyone else have this happen to them?

What causes it

Same thing happened to me. I could never figure out what it was. I reinstalled IE, downloaded all the updates and it still happened. I finally had to reformat because I couldn't stand it any longer. I use IE more than any other program on the computer. I like have a lot of IE windows open so I can be browsing a bunch of threads here on the forums at the same time, basically.

Matt

Re: Re: Delay when clicking internet explorer

mdcomp said:
I like have a lot of IE windows open so I can be browsing a bunch of threads here on the forums at the same time, basically.

Matt

You should use Avant or Firefox for the tabbed browsing. That way you wont have a bunch of windows open and task's running.

I've used Mozilla, and the new FireFox, and the browsing is nice and all...but still, IE is very good....and FireFox is faster at some things...but it takes so much RAM, and for a person like me who doesn't have much....IE is better.

Re: Re: Delay when clicking internet explorer

mdcomp said:

. I like have a lot of IE windows open so I can be browsing a bunch of threads here on the forums at the same time, basically.

Matt

Try speedresearch program free for 30 days ,it is stock investment program browser based on IE it work for me very well , I can have up to 10 windows opened at once and all /lots of favorites at easy reach

Happened to me and I had to think of what I hadn't done or done the last few days. I hadn't ran adaware at the end of the day.. Ran it once and I had a bunch of junk. Mostly trackers. Took them off and back to normal. Might try it. (or any of the spyware hookers.)

I disabled the home page and it fixed my problems with it starting up slow. If you want to just have it open with no homepage instead of "about:home" or what ever find the shortcut you have for IE and put -nohome after it. For example, "C:\windows\program files\internet explorer\explorer.exe" -nohome

Stopped my problems hope it does the same for you unless you like your homepage lol good luck

yeah, check for spyware. My roommate was having the same problem on his laptop so I looked at it and he had NO firewall OR antivirus software installed! :eek:

I installed Norton 2k4 trialware and he had like 25 viruses on that thing! After I cleaned it up with norton and Spybot s&d, IE loaded right up for him. So yeah, update your antivirus stuff and run a complete scan and then check for spyware.

:beer:

Back