• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP recognition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creo

hi! I have a 1800+ Jixib which does 2.25 on air but my mobo (k7n2 delta l) isn't recognizing it as a 3200+. is there anything to do to recognize it other then 1800+ or the cpu speed?? HELP!

at 166 fsb it should display XP2600+. but it doesn't, and same at 200 fsb. can i change the 'default' fsb on the locked chip at 166?

Its wont register it as a 3200 cuz you dont have a Barton.. 1800 doesnt have a 512 cache.. Tho I could be wrong..

A chip is recognized at the default setting on all boards supporting it.

When you overclock, some boards display MHz, the others PR rating of higher supported chips. There's no rule, sometimes it's even different on the same boards, probably due to different BIOS dates used...

i agree with THunDA. that is what i am afraid of. i wished to display 3200+ for my friends who doesn't understand PR.

__________edit______________

can i change the "default" fsb to 166 (the chip is locked)?

can i change the "default" fsb to 166 (the chip is locked)?

um.....what do you have?......being locked only pertains to the multi........if you want to default it to 166 to try and gain higher fsb....do a search for the L12 mod :)

I'm not sure if the L12 modification will work on a locked processor. I'm almost certain that it will not.

Your Thoroughbred 1800+ is not a Barton core, with 512K of cache, like THunDA said, and I'm pretty sure this is why it won't be recognized as a 3200+.

I know that none of my Thoroughbreds have ever booted with the PR of any Barton stock chip (2500+, etc) displayed on post, even with different BIOS revisions, across several boards. Although they will boot showing any Thoroughbred stock PR, when run at any Thoroughbred stock PR setting (2100+, 1800+, 1700+, etc.).

Run a SiSoft Sandra theoretical CPU benchmark for your friend, and show them the comparisons to other processors - I'm sure they will understand that :).

Back