• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Unworkible or Changed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tirbyren

Registered
This is the messaged I get when I start my new computer. It is a 2200xp Athlon, in a Abit NF7-S v2.0. 1gb (2x512mb) samsung ddr333, Asus GF2 Ti 128mb, powered by a Antec True Blue 480w psu, in a chieftec case. Also a plexwriter, and a maxtor 124gb hdd.

I checked, and the bios says it is set to defaults for 2200xp, I believe it was 13.5 x 100. Is this correct? If not what should I change it too?

thank you

This is the messaged I get when I start my new computer. It is a 2200xp Athlon, in a Abit NF7-S v2.0. 1gb (2x512mb) samsung ddr333, Asus GF2 Ti 128mb, powered by a Antec True Blue 480w psu, in a chieftec case. Also a plexwriter, and a maxtor 124gb hdd.

NV designed the 100mhz thingie to prevent BIOS corruption and force the PC to boot. Since Abit dosnt have the jumper, it auto does that every boot cycle.

The user must manually select 166 mhz to boot normally. All this is, is a safty measure against the infamous BIOS corruption issue.

Once you select 166, this will go away until something bad happens. If the PC wont boot properly or u cut the power to the mobo, it re-selects 100mhz until you re-save ur settings. However once you set them all you need to do is hit delete, and select save/exit option

ohh... Well I tried, in the bios, before i touched anything, it said the internal frequency was 13.5x100. and that the external was 2200. When I set it to user defined, it showed me a multiper of 13.5 and a fsb of 133. I changed that (it was called external frequency) to 166. I saved and then the computer kinda hung, after a screen came up saying do not shut down while bios is saving changes. I waited a few minuetes, then manually restarted it, nothing happened. So I erased the CMOS, and went back to defaults...

Is there a way to unlock the "internal frequency" as its listed?

You should NOT have it at 166 the XP2200 has a FSB of 133 - keep it at that to start with - at 166 it is probably being overclocked too far - that is why nothing happens on reboot - especially if it is a TBred A.

That's what it's at. :\ Still getting the same msg of CPU Unworkible or Changed. Should I set it to that manually, instead of letting it use the default for 2200 athlon?

1.65 I believe, and I realize that, but the INTERNAL cpu speed is 13.5 x 100, i want that to change to 13.5 x 133 right? just like external?

Back