• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright NB Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
here's a pic from thermalright's site showing the NB-1 mounted next to a SP-97.

I wonder if they'll make it in copper...

Attachments

• nb1 sp97.jpg
    nb1 sp97.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Yeah, this has been discussed in the cooling forum. Jabtech also has them in stock.

They look cool. They are big. My stock one is beginning to make noises. I think I'll pick one of those up at some point. I don't know if copper would make much of a performance difference, but it would certainly look cooler along with an SLK or SP series heatsink.

Very nice would be better in copper though, even black if you want passive cooling.

itshondo said:
I wonder if they'll make it in copper... [/B]
most likely not, but black would be awesome (HINT HINT to the TR guys)

A) that kind of cooling is not needed/ worth the cost
B) the weight is too much for current flimsy mounting systems
C) copper would not cool efficiently because retains the heat more than aluminum which tends to, sheds the heat quicker. So for the same cooling in this scenario more CMFs would be required to get the same cooling, and who wants alot of noise, for the NB.

I might go and pick one up.:cool:

It all depends if I can get the cash together and if it will fit the NF7 with an SP97 attached.

BTW does it come with a fan?

Seems like a ton of overkill to me. A nice passive one homemade will do the trick, won't cost $20, and won't make any noise.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fit on an NF7 with an SP-97, like so many of us have.

Sentential said:
I might go and pick one up.:cool:

It all depends if I can get the cash together and if it will fit the NF7 with an SP97 attached.

BTW does it come with a fan?

no it doesnt come with a fan (or at least mine didnt) and no, sadly, it does not fit on an nf7-s rv2 with an sp97 attached :(

blah i'm sure it's nice but it's really not needed.... i can do 240fsb, prolly higher(mem limited) with stock nb cooler....

too big aswell i think, won't fit nf7 with sp97 in place....

It should come with a fan. Every where I've seen it for sale it has a fan included.

Vrykyl, how close was the fit with a NF7 and SP-97? Would you only need to grind a bit of plastic off the fan or cut the heatsink in half? The Thermalright website says it will fit an NF7 with a SLK-900. How much bigger is the SP-97?

Back