• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bootup disk trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

termin@tor

Okay, I need to flash my BIOS.(it's sound related... I lose my sound when I go over 150 FSB, it's is a BIOS bug)

Anyways, I am using Windows XP.

I create a start up disk by formating a floppy disk and clicking on the "Create MS-DOS startup disk"

No matter if I copy my BIOS flash program and BIOS upgrade on the disk, the disk doesn't work. When I boot up, it says "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK" or something like that... but I have the damn disk inside!!! I have set the floppy drive as the main booting device... and I just don't ****ing get it? WTF is wrong with this? I have tried everything! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am using a P4PE mobo with a 2.53B on it.
It has a really old BIOS on it.

It's usually just a bad floppy disk. The windows format utility does not run checksums or CRCs of the floppy drive when it creates the disk. You could try another disk or try downloading a boot disk from www.bootdisk.com and remaking the disk on the same floppy.

I tried 3 different floppy disks... no luck.

I downloaded a bootup from that website... came out to be 6 disks... tried them all to boot up... no luck.

I'll try it on another computer when I have time and see what happens.

Any other suggestions?

Back