• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, Only 181x11 (2500+)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlepri

I have a lock 2500+ (not sure what the stepping are, left my notes at home) which I started to overclock this weekend. This is my first experience with overclocking. Anyhow, I an not having too much success. With just increasing the FSB could only get it to run stable at 181x11 (1.991 Ghz.). Vcore, 1.65 v. Case temp:37c, CPU 49.7c

Memory Timing:
Row Active delay: 6
Raw-to-CAS delay: 3
Row-precharge Delay: 2
CAS Latency: 2

I think I should be able to do better then that. I would like to get 200x11, any suggestions? Should I start uping the VCORE?

Also, should I consider getting a intake fan for my case, since I only have one rear exhaust Fan, not includeing the fan on the power supply. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
ok what brand memory is that?

You might want to try 11-2-2-2 and up the vcore and memory voltage as well.

Is it a Barton?If so Set your FSB to 185 straight away. then work upwards till you reach 200.

Give a try 2.5-3-3-6 for RAM timing. Also raise the voltage for CPU.

careful with that temp, If you are that high now, going any farther will make it worse. I would def invest in some more fans, canse your case only hold one more?

FAREAST,

The memory is Corsair XMS 1xTWINX1024LL. I will try your recommendations and post my results. Thanks.

I was thinking about an extra case fan, trying to keep my CPU temp below 50c. Anyone have recomendation for a quit fan 120mm. Without getting my saw out, my case can only hold one more fan on the intake. Antec P160 is my case. Thanks.

ya that chip will prob handle a lot more voltage, nice you got where you did on stock vcore though.

jlepri said:
I have a lock 2500+ (not sure what the stepping are, left my notes at home) which I started to overclock this weekend. This is my first experience with overclocking. Anyhow, I an not having too much success. With just increasing the FSB could only get it to run stable at 181x11 (1.991 Ghz.). Vcore, 1.65 v. Case temp:37c, CPU 49.7c

Memory Timing:
Row Active delay: 6
Raw-to-CAS delay: 3
Row-precharge Delay: 2
CAS Latency: 2

I think I should be able to do better then that. I would like to get 200x11, any suggestions? Should I start uping the VCORE?

Also, should I consider getting a intake fan for my case, since I only have one rear exhaust Fan, not includeing the fan on the power supply. Thanks for your help.

More voltage man .. if i run mine @ 200x11 the voltage is 1.8 - now if i run at 210x11 (2300mhz) mine requires 1.95 vcore ;) MORE VOLTAGE :D

I figured I would have to up the volts at some point but then again I am reading posts that some members are getting 200x11 with vcore @ 1.65. I guess it depends on your stepping code?

Mine runs fine 210x11 with only 1.65v, but I had a PQZFA 0347 and It needed 1.8-1.85 to get 200x11

I figured I would have to up the volts at some point but then again I am reading posts that some members are getting 200x11 with vcore @ 1.65. I guess it depends on your stepping code?

^^^^ Exactally. Unfortunatly the regular XPs have taken a nose dive in terms of quality.

All the good silicon right now is being prepped for SOI or is being used in the mobile chips

Thats what I am readig, if I had waited one more month I would have known about the mobile chip. I will have to post my stepping code maybe someone can tell me if it is a good OC'er. I was smart enough to write it down before installing - will post tomarrow. Thanks Again.

you may need good cooling for higher overclocks. another option is sell your barton and get a moble. good chance the moble will do 2.2GHz at 1.65v

I am not sure if it is true.
But here in Taiwan, there are ongoing rumors that for the same year and week XP2500+, the brown one is always a better overclocker.
I am not sure if it is by coincidence that several of my friends with the green XP2500+ were not able to o/c far unless they jack up the vcore to 1.8 and over.
They are mostly week 2 04

mines one of the "green" ****ty ones ! 0351 AQZFA i believe. gunna try to find a good deal on a Mobile ! rumor has it there great ;) BUT it still does 2.3 gig. not bad i guess. probably get more outta her but i don't want to go over 2.0 V ?

Back