• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom water cooled setup questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nitrix

Registered
I need some help deciding between those:

double heatercore - 35$ or JR-120 Hi Performance Radiator - 35$

White Water Waterblock AMD - 50$ or TC-4 Rev 2 - 25$

Eheim 1048 - 49$ or Eheim 1250 - 59$

Will an Eheim 1048 enough for 2-3 block ? Right now I plan on using only 1 block for my cpu..but later I might upgrade.

Is the 1250 version noticably louder than the 1048?

Thanks

1048 would be fine, but if I were you I would splash out on the 1250, or get a Mag3 / L30.

White water would do you well, but I cannot comment on the radiator.. I don't know.
Not sure about the noise levels.

If you are concerned with how much things cost, you can go for the TC-4, in terms of value for money, I think it is great.

if you're going to get a restrictive block along with other blocks, i'd recommend getting a 1250 or a mag 3. Almost every ehiem is very quiet (and trust me, i know quiet). You could get a mag 3 which has a better head rating (which could possibly mean an noticible improvement in cooling preformance). But mag 3's have a problem of vibration, if u can get rid of that, u should hear it over a 25dba fan..
as for heatercore.. if u get a mag 3/ehiem 1250, i'd go with the double heatercore, if not, get the jr.

I agree with Korndog. If you have room, go with the double heatercore and Mag 3 or Eheim 1250. I see getting a White Water as a must, it's a cut above the TC-4.

I got my double heatecore from a 1973 caprice. My 1/2" ID tubing slid right over the 5/8" tubes on it. They are around $30 at auto parts stores.

Back