• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Configuring soundstorm on NF7-S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't have a link to the article but the trick to configuring Soundsotrm is to have a copy of both manuals. One from the Motherboard and one from the Speaker set. I just set up a NF7-S with a set of Logitech Z-5300 and had a bear of a time.

Seriously use the manuals. They will save u a million years of aggrivation.

NOTE:
Keep in mind that if u setup a 5.1 speaker setup u will hear nothing outta the other speakers if the Media or software u are using doens't support them. I found this out when I went to watch a dvd and was informed that my version of PowerDVD didn't include anything beyond 2.0 speaker support.

i just got a NF7 and i too was wondering about the onbord sound. the mobo cd didnt come with any utilities regarding sound. and the stupid 5.1 logitech speakers i bought didnt have a manual lol. i tried winamp to be able to change bass, treble etc, but it wont work .. plays the music thats it ! what a good utility that works with this on bord NF7 sound ???

I was also thinking about the nvidia one. I forgot to bookmark it after i downloaded the chipset drivers from there. Thank you

If u went through the link and followed it to the FAQ it will tell u what inputs are what for the speakers. Compare this to the Manual for the NF7-s and u are golden

Smiple answer is that the Green goes to green, the Orange speaker to the black jack and the black jack into the red mic jack. Believe it or not u can actually configure your sound from the "Sound and Audio Devices" in the Control Panel. Go to the Volume tab -> Speaker settings -> Advanced button ->choose your setup from the Speaker setup dropbox. Then back to the Volume tab -> Device Volume -> Advanced Button -> then on the Master Volume click Advanced button and check "Center speaker and Subwoofer are connected to Microphone. APPLY and BLAMMO! u are done.

Burnt_Ram said:
bin through all that. black to black etc. did the config, but upon the sound test when it says centre. sound comes out the left rear for whatever reason !! RRRRRRR

Wrong. For some reason the outputs aren't coded properly for most speaker systems on the nf7-s. Put the black miniplug in the orange socket and the orange miniplug in the black socket. That will fix your center/rear problem. Promise. :D.

J.

juliendogg said:

Wrong. For some reason the outputs aren't coded properly for most speaker systems on the nf7-s. Put the black miniplug in the orange socket and the orange miniplug in the black socket. That will fix your center/rear problem. Promise. :D.

J.
really ! kool. i'm off to try it right now (crosses fingers) thank you !!!!

juliendogg said:

J.
you are my new best friend !!!! now i have proper surround sound. the test plays all front and rear channels properly now. however for some reason it skips the center channel test, BUT the centre worked when i tried Call of Duty ! sooo this is great. made my day ... thx again ever so much. i never would have thought to swap those 2 around ;)

Back