• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Aqua 1300 making niose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chuckerants

After about a year in my system (in-line), it is starting to make a chattering noise. It's not caused by a component vibration noise cuz I touched all of the parts and it is still making the noise. It seems to be inside the pump.

Should I be worried? Is the pump on it's way out?

TIA

Hey chuck,

The mod is described over at wc101:

http://www.wc101.com/guides/ViaAqua/

It does work as far as silencing the Via. Mine is nearly silent and it has been running 7/24 for over 6 months now.

The only drawback is that gluing the impeller can effect the pumps startup. My pump sits and rattles for a few seconds before kicking in now. Since mine runs 7/24 startup isn't a big issue for me.

Thanks guys.

I was thinking of replacing my Eheim 1250 in my other rig with a Via 1300. I'm glad I found this now.

replace your eheim??? why? i have no experience with them myself, but from what i have heard its the best (without moving to an iwaki)

The Eheim 1250 might be just a little too much pump for my system. The 1250 imho may be generating a littl too much heat. I should have settled for the smaller Eheim.

As for the pump itself, I've had it for almost 2 years and it's been running 24/7 with zero problems.

Back