• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STOP dissing the via aqua 1300! (if u own one plz post)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Yes, i have seen many, many a post dissing the via aqua 1300, and today i just saw one too many.

Yes the via aqua is lower in quality than other pumps, but its performance, cost, and reliability (been serving me for 2 years) far surpass the fact that its lower quality.

Most pumps out there do like 300gph at best and cost 45+ dollars, this one kicks every other pump's ash at a whopping 370gph and its only ~20 bucks....

I have given more punishment to this pump than any of you can bear to emagine about a pump. I have a pump relay switch and i power that pump on and off an average of more than once a day...

Ive dropped it, moved it around my case, and screwed with it every which way and it has never failed me. The only time i can think of that it gave me trouble is it started leaking and i used a drop of superglue to fix it. :eek:

So stop dissing this great pump! :mad:

And if you got one, and wouldn't part with it for anything, post here :D

via aqua power! lol :rolleyes: :p :cool:

I just bought one NIB off my friend for $15.
I was very impressed with it. My mag3 came with the pump, and a crappy filter. This little via came with every accessory I can imagine for a pump. Took out the impeller to see if it would need the 'silencing mod' but apparently it does not.
I paid about $40 for my Mag3, and I'm sure the Danner creates a lot more pressure (the impeller is a lot larger than the via's) but I'd dare say it can't be beat for the price.
Oh yeah, it's also extremely small :)

Aside from dieing it was a good pump. It didnt even go down in glory like i would have liked with magnetic explosions it just fizzled off. I'll stick with my new mcp600

madcow235 said:
Aside from dieing it was a good pump. It didnt even go down in glory like i would have liked with magnetic explosions it just fizzled off. I'll stick with my new mcp600

Any chance we can see that set up withe the MCP600

Mine's been decent enough. But, I'd part with it for a mag3 mcp600 or an eheim or hydor.

Mine was running for about a year before I retired it. However, the pump is a hit and miss in reliability. Some people get vias that last years and some die within months or even weeks. Of course the dissatisfied users will be more vocal but it's happened enough times for it to be called a problem. Anyone on a tight budget should consider a quiet one 1200 (295gph, 6.1ft head, 25 watts) for only a couple bucks more (less than 30 shipped at drsfostersmith.com).

I like my VA 1300. It runs 24/7 (don't know how long I've had it though) and doesn't skip a beat.
I haven't/won't mod the impeller, but it is submerged in my reservior suspended by the tubing and power cord, and the res is vibration isolated from the wall it's mounted on.

Decent pump, great price.
But I firmly believe that many failures are operator error, not all, but many. They're just a plastic pump like any other. Treat them harshly and they die quicker. I've seen abused Eheims and Danners do the same thing.
Play nice with your toys.:D

My via 1300 has been running 7/24 for over 6 months. I did perform the impeller mod to slience it and I had to silicone seal the o-ring for the impeller housing to stop a drip. Other than those to initial build fixes, it has been great.

blackjackel said:

Yes the via aqua is lower in quality than other pumps, but its performance, cost, and reliability (been serving me for 2 years) far surpass the fact that its lower quaMost pumps out there do like 300gph at best and cost 45+ dollars, this one kicks every other pump's ash at a whopping 370gph and its only ~20 bucks....

Ehem....yea....Ok well we dont rate our pumps by gph. We rate them by head. The via has 4ft head, the eheim has ~6ft head and the mag3 has ~11ft head. Cost/performance, the danner actualy wins, but in most cases the danner is beyong the point of diminishing returns, and in that case you get the via. I personaly own 2 via's, a danner and an eheim, and my favorite is the mag.

If you ever get another pump, you will see what I mean. The via....The only word I can thing of is flimsy. Its made of very thin material. I had leaks on both of my via's, no such thing on the eheim and danner. Also, there isnt a standard for the via's, both of mine are supposedly the same pump, but one is made of more brittle, darker plastic and puts out less water.

What im saying is, you get what you pay for, and if you have only $20, the via is the best there is, but I would strongly recomend paying a bit more and getting a more reliable, tougher and more powerful pump.

i've had two via aqua's die on me :)
now i won't diss them though, for 20 bucks they're damn cheap, each one lasted me ~8months which is okey and both of them made good treasure boxes, after i painted them, in my aquarium :). But they are in no way comparible tothe $50 pumps. My mag 3 has some wicked head rating, making it damn worth my $47 for it. got a 2c improvement in temps on a setup already at its peak.

IMO, i liked maxijet pumps better then via aqua. They're very very nice, small, low wattage, good gph rating, cheap, and they're even made in Italy.. that has to account for something :) no offence to anyone chinese though, dibuqu.

Neco said:
Whoa dude,

How much sugar did you put on your wheaties ?

ROFL.

I have 3 ViaAqua 1300 pumps. One in my webserver, one in my game rig, and one on the shelf as backup. Both are silent and dependable. Of course, I did the impeller mod on both of them, and I seal them with RTV sealant by default.

=ACID RAIN= said:

ROFL.

I have 3 ViaAqua 1300 pumps..... BOTH are silent and dependable. Of course, I did the impeller mod on BOTH of them, and I seal them with RTV sealant by default.
:D

After hearing the talk about this pump, it wasn't even on my list of possibilities. Now I'm reconsidering, saving money is a good thing.

I have one and ran it for like 6 months submerged, now it's running inline with an 80mm fan blowing over it to keep it cool. I also did the impellar mod. I do plan on replacing it with an Iwaki but the VIA will still be in service on a separate video card loop.

Re: Re: STOP dissing the via aqua 1300! (if u own one plz post)

Yuriman, isn't the 1300 6ft head?

ViaAqua.GIF

I have been running a 1300 for about 5 months now. No problems. No leaks ( unlike my L30 ). Its inline. They run a bit hot, so I put heatsinks on it. With a slight impeller mod, its totally silient.

It works great for the price. ( i think the L30 is lower quality than the 1300 )

PiSan314159 said:
:D

After hearing the talk about this pump, it wasn't even on my list of possibilities. Now I'm reconsidering, saving money is a good thing.

Dude for real. Someone posted a link to an aquarists' site that had them for 11 bucks apiece. I bought two, and after shipping it was 26 bucks. 26 bucks for two pumps, one of which is now premodded, tested, and sitting on the shelf ready for a drop-in. The first one is in my game rig, and has been running non-stop for almost a year now. It cools a WW, and soon a gpu block (MCW50). When I make the new loop, I'll let you guys know how well the ViaAqua handles the load.

Back