• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? for the leet o/c'ers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Hi i was just wondering if my kr7a133-r will be able to use a m-barton till i get some money for a new mobo. and if it does work what kind of o/c ami capable of getting on this mobo ?
thanks for ur replys :)

This mobo uses the Via KT266A chipset. I believe the max multiplier for that board is 12.5. And it being a KT266A chipset, the highest FBS that you can attain is probably 166 (I don't know this for sure, it's been a while since I touch one of those chipset). OK, so now we have 12.5x166=2075. That's probably what you're gonna get. Just double check what your max multiplier is and what your max FSB is on that board and do that math, that's going to your limit. I'm almost certain the mobile 2500 will work on that board, there's no special requirement for the mobile 2500, it's just another Athlon XP chip,that happens to be unlocked and default at lower voltage. Even if your board doesn't support 1.45 volt, the chip will work with whatever that board's lowest volt is.

Thanks alot man u just convined me to getting one :)
i have one more quastion though is there a dif between the 2400 mobile and the 2500 moblie since i wont be able to get it past 2.1 gig isnt it better if i get the cheaper one?
and do u know where i can get one newegg doesnt ship to canada and i cant find anyone who sells mobile chips in this damm country :)

Get the 2500+ they seem to do better than the 2400+

Check Abit for a BIOS update, Im not sure if that MB supports Bartons. If it does you should be good to go. If not then its time for a MB. Abit is really bad about adding CPU support to their older MBs.

Back