• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best Music Player program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beefpops

RealPlayer only plays out of 2 speakers and it loads slowly.
Windows Media Player cuts out the bass sometimes and sounds gritty.
Internal players on P2P programs are skippy and not very customizeable.
WinAmp just sucks.

Somebody here recommend a super-nice Music player (MP3 is my main concern) with bumpin'-*** bass and 4.1 support!

theres Musicmatch Jukebox. ive use it before its not to bad of a program.

whats wrong with Winamp, that my main player used it forever now. i think it the best player out there

Are there any better skins for WinAMP? The default one is offputting. Also, what's a good CD>MP3 program?

I'll be the fourth to say 'What's wrong with Winamp?'. Winamp v5 is nice and full-featured, with some very excellent skins to choose from.

If you don't like it, you could go with Quintessential Player, which is also a nice, full-featured player.

dead_man311 said:
there are tons of skins for winamp. go look on winamp site.

which winamp you run 2,3 or 5 (there's not much out there for 2)

winamp 2 has the pimp apple looking one for it ;) qtx i think? i forget the names

Why does winamp suck? Have you tried version 5? It's nice and clean, I like it. That's what I use right now, but I think I'll switch back to WMP just because I can look at the album cover art while listening to my albums. Still a tossup though because the winamp visuals are soooo much cooler.

if ur going for looks and features, winamp5 seems to be the underdog. there's potential in another program, called jetAudio, but it has hardly any skins right now (lots of nice features though). it uses a little bit more resources than winamp2

WA2 is the most clean-cut i know. simple shortcut features, the minimilistic view, quick loading, low memory usage is all i need while i do other tasks on my desktop. i seriously don't fully understand y one would want an intricate skin for a player that's not really meant to be a main visual eye-candy.

for better sound, u'd need to look for speakers/headphones and a sound card.

Okay, I've started to use WinAmp, but now it doesn't play out of all 4 of my speakers! It only uses the front 2. Where do I change these settings (games and other players still use all 4, and SoundStorm has 4 speaker mode enabled).

Creative Labs makes an EXCELLENT player, but it is for listening to music, not watching it, it has a very plain and program-ish interface, however it's incredible, no sound loss and it has support for up to 7.1 DTS THX, and everything below that.

As far as CD to MP3 go with Nero. It is not free ($20 for the mp3 conversion key), but it is definately worth it. Very customizable compression settings and alot more. You should be using this to burn with anyhow! *tsk tsk*

You have to set it for the program to play through your 4 speakers.
Me = 2.1 speaker setup
I use Winamp5 for because of "internet radio" and "internet TV".
I use foobar2000 because it seems like there're more bass from my music. dunno why.

I use Foobar2000. It's the simplest player in existance, but is still very customizable. I have 5.1 speakers, and as long as it's set to 4 channels in the soundstorm panel thingy, Foobar works with em all, as long as I change one setting.

In the Foobar2000 preferences, I have to change the output to DirectSound instead of waveOut. Only then do the rear channels kick in. I believe Winamp has this setting... poke around in the preferences and see if you can find it.

Edit: I have 5.1 speakers, but my mic is plugged into the center channel thingy. Thus I really only have 4.1 speakers.

Back