• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max vcore 24/7 for a m-2400? SLK-947

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travisc

Registered
Subject says it all... What's the highest vcore I should use to obtain an everyday stable overclock with this CPU? I know the default voltage is lower, so I wasn't sure if the max voltage should be lower than a regular barton too...

How far can a ruffle throated thrush fly carrying a lead weight?

It depends on how heavy the lead weight is, and how strong the ruffle throated thrush is :)

Personally, I guage my cutoff point by stability, and temperature, and less by the actual voltage that I'm using. I try to avoid clearing 50 degrees celcius under prime95 load for an overclock which is being used 24/7, and I will never, ever, ever, run an overclock which isn't completely stable.

That said, I wouldn't go above about 2.1 volts for long term use unless you have some very low operating temperatures (if your rig is in a freezer or something) ;).

I know the default voltage is lower, so I wasn't sure if the max voltage should be lower than a regular barton too...

The Mobile Bartons and Desktop Bartons are essentially the same thing, except that the Mobile Bartons have a much better MHz:Vcore ratio potential; they are picked for their ability to require as little power as possible while maintaining stability when used in a laptop system as they are intended. Battery lifespan being the reason for this.

Which means that the average Mobile Barton needs less Vcore to hit the same overclock stably as the average Desktop Barton.

I'm getting a IQYHA 03-50 m-2400 from a guy for $80... he told me it was hand picked by the guy he bought it from for $140 and should be able to do 2.5-2.6ghz... It should be here in about 2-3 days...

Just lookin ahead. =)

btw... this guy I'm buying from rocks... I recently traded him a 1x512mb Mushkin PC3500 Level 2 BH-5 for a AMD 2500+ Barton/1x512mb Corsair XMS C2/$30... he shipped first, and before the transaction was completed, he was already offering to send me the m-2400 just to try out... at no cost, and if I didn't like it, I could just send it back, or send him $80...

jpf3257 is his name, it's too bad he doesn't have a heatware account, atleast not under that name...

I'm running 2.08v on the core with my sp-97 w/smartfan II @75CFM
temps are 42c idle, 48c load
you shouldn't have any issues except what you rig is capable of handling.

Now... Do you plan on this cpu lasting long at these voltages?

I'd like my processors to last about 2yrs, I'll probably never use one for that long without upgrading, but just incase I make other plans for these processors after I upgrade.

I've had my xp1700 JIUHB 0319 on for over a 1yr @ 1.97vcore and everything works just as it did when I got it. these mobile bartons are made exclusively for the notebook environment. Therefore they tend to tolorate alot of heat, and raising the vcore on these, so far, doesn't seem to upset the proc that much. It's really your call to what's confortable for you to use it at. Heck.. I'm disassembling this rig and putting it on my NF7-S this weekend to see how it would perform on the abit. :)

i have a 1600+ palomino that has been folding 24/7 for about 2.5 years now at 2v with a sk-7 and cheapo 80mm fan.

Thus my mobile barton is currently trying out 2900 mhz at 2.1volts on a good water setup.

agggghhhh.... those wacky water-cooling-guys... makes ya crazy when they can push these procs so high ! !! good luck to you bro! :D

Back