• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xppro install problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProDriveTom

Registered
Ok, im trying to install xp pro and its not working. Its an OEM copy from newegg. I startup the comp, it does its thing and then says choose a place to install windoes to. I pick the only thing there(the whole unformated HD) and it say it needs to partition and format it so i go ok. It goes through the whole thing (looong time) and then at the end says unable to format the partition disk may be damaged. Ive tried it on two brand new hdd's and still doesnt work.:confused: . Please help:(

ntfs, it doesnt even give fat32 as an option. The only options are ntfs and i think the other is something like ntfsfast. ********* now it wont even load the friggin setup, im about to huck this thing out the window, ive been trying to get it to work for 6 houres now:mad:

soyo kt600 ultra platnum mobo
512 muskin lvl2
barton2500
ati 9800pro
antec truepower430watt
WD80gb hddx2

Ive tried it on both hdd's and it was a no go. hmmm....

the two options where:
NTFS
NTFS (quick)

every time i used the first one. It would take about 20 min to format and then say there was an error. As im typing this i hit the (quick) one and it formated in like 5 seconds and now seems to be working:rolleyes:. I will see how this goes and post back with the results.

Back