• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rinsing a Watercooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

I have a watercooling system that has had the same water in it (with Zerex additive) for about 9 months. One of the tubes has kinked too much, so I am going to go in and fix that and change the water. I was curious if I should just put in the new water or if I should rinse it out, and if so would just tap water work for the rinse or do I need distilled? Thank you very much for your assistance!

I've never had a problem rinsing tubes with tap water, but I normally replace my vinyl tubes after I remove them because they get stiff after a long haul.

I have read that using a zip-tie on the tube will help solve kinks. Might try that before tearing it down.

Thanks for the advice. I actually tried a zip-tie to no avail, and what I ended up doing is cutting out that part and I put in two plastic 90 degree bends, which while not preferable seem to be doing the trick. I looked at the part I cut out and even without the pressure of the tubes on both sides, it was kinked so badly that there still is barely an open, probably less than 1/3 of the regular width of the tube, so I have to believe it was even worse with the pressure, and it was only the water pressure that kept it open! I am glad it is out of there, hopefully the temperatures will respond to my new setup! Thanks again for the advice.

Back