• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 64 3200 & what mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cow2kie

Whats a really good mobo for amd 64's? Are there any w/ a pci lock out yet?

im selling my 2500 so i will have money towards it. I do wana wait for 939.. but i think they might be a lil to expensive???

but whats a good mobo?

IMHO the best motherboard out there right now, for everyday use and OC, is the Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP. I say so because it does have an AGP lock, and unlike the Chaintech Zenith, you are able to adjust your RAM timings. I had the Abit KV8-Max3 also, but returned it. It had awsome bios adjustibility, voltage wise, but it just wouldn't clock very well with my Mushkin. Not sure how it does with other ram. My ATI video card also didn't like the overclocked speeds, and would crash in games unless it was at near stock settings. I figured, what's the point of having this motherboard if i can't use it mildly tweaked for gaming.

Lots of peeps recomomend the Shuttle An50R. But having tried It I think its bios needs a lot of work before its a great board.
I now have the gigabyte K8N pro and think it is a great board that is stable (provided I dont over OC my CPU) has great options SATA, IDE raid, firewire, gigalan, USB2.0 you get the picture. Also dual bios can save you bigtime if ya like to push it to the absolute limits. Last but not least the locks seem to work (YMMV)

Back