• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe rev1.4 Front USB2.0 issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I have a question. My rear USB2.0 ports work fine..but my front two do not work, they recognize USB1.1 devices..but they don't recognize USB2.0 devices. We just built the computer, OS is WinXP Pro.

The case is a Dragon server case by Chieftec. The wires connecting the the ports to the board are connected properly.

Could it be that the actually ports themselves are USB1.1? That is, they have some type of circuitry determining their compatibility?

If that's the issue, where could I buy the exact same front ports to fit into that small space??? I can't use any drive bays.

Or could the issue be my motherboard..could something be wrong..and if so, what should I check to investigate the problem.

Thank you.

Have you tried manually updating the usb drivers through the device manager? After installing xp's sevice pack, I still had to do it manually for it to install one of the usb host adapers, but don't remember which one exactly.

Jim

Well I have the most recent updates according to MS's website. Besides how could 4 rear ports work..and not two front ones connected by wires? I am certailny not an XP wizard that's for sure.

Other than scanning MS's website, I assume that tells me if I to update USB drivers correct??

I don't know a lot about XP yet.

what do you think?

Go into the device manager and see if your missing anything as shown in this screenshot.

device_man.JPG

If everything is there, then your front panel connector may be the culprit.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks..I have all of them BUT one...

I am missing the USB2.0 Hub that your screen shows...

Instead I have just USB Root Hub, so three of those basically..

I have the others...

What do you think?

Btw..how did you capture the screen..I always wanted to know how to do that.

If you press the "print scrn" button on your keyboard it will copy what you see on your monitor to the clip board, just open paint or any photo editing program and paste it in there.

If you press the "alt" button with the "print scrn" button, it will copy only the top open window.

Try updating the host usb driver using the drivers on your cdrom that came with the board and see if that gets you fixed up. The only cure to this is, install xp sevice pack before installing the mobo drivers when doing a new install of xp.

Jim

Back