• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Networking Troubles....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

I have two computers hooked together by a wireless connection. One has XP Pro, one has XP Home. The computer with XP Pro can access the files on the computer with XP Home, but the XP Home can access the XP Pro files.... i disabled firewalls, set up the workgroup.... any ideas?

see im trying to think here this is my set up

Linksys wireless b and 4 port router,

i have my desktop with XP pro wired, and my laptop with XP home wireless, plus i have two other desktop's both with XP pro wired. and i have no problem sharing any files on any system

this is just an idea not sure if you tried it, have you tried hooking one up to wire to see if its not wanting to send it from wireless to wireless

i can't reach it by wire... and its weird because it works one way, just not the other

ya that is mind boggling. im pertty much drained right now, still learning more about networking. but if i see anyting or hear anything ill post it. good luck with it

no, it still only works one way... even after running the wizard...

If you use NTFS on the Pro machine, you might have different or more restrictive permissions set to the file/folder you're trying to access. Windows will always use the more restrictive permissions, regardless of how you set up the share.

Have you tried to connect by entering the IP of the xppro computer to the xphome computer?
In the form of \\IP\share (e.g. \\88.0.0.3\data)

electromagnetic said:
If you use NTFS on the Pro machine, you might have different or more restrictive permissions set to the file/folder you're trying to access. Windows will always use the more restrictive permissions, regardless of how you set up the share.

well i just set my "storage" drive to share all through my computer, i didn't do it by file....

ataturk said:
Have you tried to connect by entering the IP of the xppro computer to the xphome computer?
In the form of \\IP\share (e.g. \\88.0.0.3\data)

no.... how exactly do i do that?

Back