• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just switched from intel to AMD Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T3 Cobra

Hi all, I am brand new to this website and forum. I have been overclocking for a long time with intel processors and finally gave up, the AMD is faster in my book.
Need some help, I just purchased a brand new 2600+ barton for my brand new Abit AN7 board. After reading the details in the sticky I think I picked the right processor for overclocking. Here are the specs, can someone verify
AQXDA 0313MPMW
AXDA2600DKV4
Y911356A40135

This chip was built 13 week of 03, I think the stock multipier is 11.5.

I plan on adding the Corsair TwinX1024-3200LL memory.

Any input would be appreciated, I learn fast

Thanks
Mike:)

Welcome To The Forum

yup you are corect on the 11.5

it runs 11.5x166 = 1900Mhz

easyest way is to satrt uping your FSB and see how far that goes. watching your temps. at a point it gonig to want more Vcore. your gonig to want good cooling for that

other that that its unlocked change th multi and try dif configs. see what runs better for you

keeps the temps from going to far over 50c

And Good luck and have fun

dead_man311 said:
Welcome To The Forum

yup you are corect on the 11.5

it runs 11.5x166 = 1900Mhz

easyest way is to satrt uping your FSB and see how far that goes. watching your temps. at a point it gonig to want more Vcore. your gonig to want good cooling for that

other that that its unlocked change th multi and try dif configs. see what runs better for you

keeps the temps from going to far over 50c

And Good luck and have fun

Thanks for the Welcome

I am now looking into heatsink and fan. I have pretty much decided on the thermal right SLK97A but I am not sure on the fan, I do not want a lot of noise. Also This motherbaord has 4 power plug ins on board for chip coolers. What is the recommended fan/heatsink chip cooler
Thanks
Mike

the SP-97 will work great, it the best out there, plus it bolt to your board. and i seen it on there list so it will work.

for fan you can pic a nice 92mm and it will fit right on top and cool it very good

Back