• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*sigh* another problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProDriveTom

Registered
Windows keeps crashing during install. Ive tried everything i can think of. When it crashes it gives me this for technical info; *** STOP: 0x0000008e (0x0000005, 0x8053c711, 0xf7eacbe4, 0x00000000)

going on ten hours here trying to set this thing up:(

Nothing defintive I could find in a quick search of Microsoft's Knowledge Base.

A couple ideas though:
Is the system currently overclocked? If yes, go back to defaults and try.

Is the system stripped to bare essential hardware? Often it is best to install to an almost empty system to allow Windows to get a clean install and then add hardware.

Last thought I have right now: possible hdd trouble- do you have another you can try, or can you put the drive in another machine to try and reformat it and then test it?

Edit- Wow! do I type slow!!! When I started there were 0 replies! ;)

Yea thats what im thinking too(ram). I have no idea how to setup the ram timeings though. I have a thread in memory section but havent heard anything yet.

Edit- Wow! do I type slow!!! When I started there were 0 replies!

hehe its alright i do too.
yes the system is pretty bare. I have 2 brand new 80 gig WD hdd's and ive tried both.
Im thinking its the ram. Either i dont have the settings right or its a bad stick. I hope its not a bad stick cause its bh-5:(

Well ive pretty much narowed it down to the memory. All the different error codes i get refer to memory(thank you bchur83 for that link). Well its off to the memory section to wait for a reply, thanks guys:cool:

Back