• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

too hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

messiahxx

Registered
hi, i own a 2500+
msi k7n2 delta-l
corsair ddr 512
kingston 80 gb
9000 pro 128 radeon
stock psu from case (400* atx)

over the weekend i oced it to 200x11 at first it was smooth and all, but after i upgraded my pcalert4 to its current version i noticed the temp went through the roof.
i used to start up and idle in mid 20ish-30ish but after this OC im getting 55-60 c, so i change it back to 166, and loaded default setting but im still getting 55-60ish.

what heatsink fan combo are you using?
when was the last time you cleaned out your heatsink? accumulates a massive amount of dust if left unnoticed.

might want to reseat your h/s and put some AS3 or AS5 (thin coat of course) onto the cpu and try again.

this comp is pretty new, built it mid jan didnt think it'd require cleaning so quick

The temp reading b4 ur upgraded were more than likely innacurate. A lot of ppl will mislead u in these forums trying to brag about their rediculous CPU temps. Mine runs 46c idle and up to 50c load. My fathers PC which is the same as mine, and very close to urs runs the same temps as urs does. we both have 2500+bartons. If your using a stock heat sink and your room temp is even fairly hot, then your temps are fine, and the readings are accurate. Sure those temps are warm, but i know that these proccessors tend to freeze at 59c+. If the above is true about ur cooling then dont worry about your temps. If you're overclocking though, then you should definately consider a new cooling solution, as the higher the frequencies means they become more unstable even at lower temps.

Back