• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a new machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

messiahxx

Registered
im putting together a new mobile 2500+ for my cousine, im in need of some suggestions for the best possible OC combo.

this is what i have in mind for a limited budget system($600)
mobile 2500+ $98 -http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-401&depa=0
ABIT AN7- for $104.99
SLK900A- $38.99 -newegg
PSU-?
LITE ON 48X/24X/48X CDRW +16X DVD EIDE INTERNAL COMBO DRIVE -$49.00
corsair 512mb ddr pc-3200- $80
80gb-brand?
graphic card-?

again im aiming for a combination that OC's the best, with the limited budget whats the best combination thats ava out there?

Games or not?

For video I would go with an 8500 if its only minor gaming. Heck mine works fine for what I do. Plays the UT2k4 DEMO with no problems. Halo too. If you want something fancier than look at a 9500/9700 cards.

I like my Enermax 431w (I know Im going to get bashed on that) but I modded it and it works better than any other PSU I have used. You could of course get an Antec case with PSU to save a few bucks.

For HDD did you want PATA or SATA? If you want PATA I would get a Barracuda IV they are super quite, super stable, and a great value. The WD and Mators with 8mb cache are faster, but not as quiet, and fail much more.

im going to go with PATA, but as far as mofo, and cpu wise those 2 works great?

Back