• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400 Stepping Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glock19owner

After reading this thread, I am completely confused over this stepping...

This is a 2400 Tbred B...stepping is AXIXB0351...by the thread above, that stepping is supposed to be a barton...not a tbred B...

I guess my question is...whats up with that...is it actually a barton core that failed as a barton then turned into a tbred...or what? Would/could they be using older Barton cores for the new Tbreds?

(No, I dont have a picture of it...just got it about an hour ago from a local friend and didnt think about taking a picture of it...just wrote the stepping and week down...and yes I wrote it correctly)...

Last edited:
It would be obvious if it was a barton as it would have had a longer more elongated core. Besides dont bartons end in A instead of B?

Last edited:
This has the exact same core (size) as my 2500 barton...

Maximus Nickus said:
Barton Steppings:
Code:
AQXEA(10)  AQYFA (9)  AQXDA (8)  AQUCA (7)  AQXCA (6) AQZEA (5) AXQFA (4)  AGXCA (3)  AQZFA (2) [u]AXIXB[/u] (1) PQZFA / PQXFA

Also, someone at XS pointed out it might be a thorton core...not up with them...

Guess my next question would be...what is the thorton core and are they any good for OCing...especially since this is a locked CPU...

Then if thats the case why do you think its a Tbred B or a Thorton? Bartons are available in XP2400 now certainly mobile ones anyway.

Becasue the retail box did not state XP2400 Barton...just XP2400...

Plus WCPUID tells me its not a barton...256 cache ;)

2400.JPG

Well its not a thorton as it would be model 10. Pity you cant take a picture of it just to clear up the core bit.....
Anyway WPCUID states its a TBred B

I am going to take one tomorrow...a few over at XS need one also...

Just couldn't wait...didnt take more then a few hours for me to get tired of the 2000 Pali that replaced the 2500 barton tonight...

It's too bad its not a thorton also...most of them had have some killer overclocks...especially after doing the cache mod...unlocks the extra 256 cache...

Actually havent really messed with it today...been working on getting my 9800 Pro back up and running...bad flash last night...

But after talking to you and a few other people...I am assuming I misread it also...or wrote it down wrong...because they asked the same thing about the same stepping code...

I do have it running at 2.5Ghz stable...but it still sucks since it's locked...

Back