• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron applebred 1600 l2mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theguywiththeha

does anyone exactly know how to mod the duron to get the full l2 cache well i know i have to conected the the l2 brige, i want to know if it will work with my cpu,my cpu has the green packaging all the ones ive seen posted are brown...thx :(

oh my system specs:
duron applebred [email protected]@41c idle and 46c full
k7vta3 v8.0c
geforce 3 ti500
x1 256mbs cheap pc2700 ram with heat speader cl2
(need more ram)
x2 40gig hdd
x1 dvd+rw drive
420watt psu
windows xp pro sp1

p.s my name was suposed to be the guy with the hair but it cute me short and im new so sorry if you cant understand me

Welcome to the forums! Closing the L2 bridges (if done correctly) will unlock the extra cache on applebreds that aren't superlocked. Can you change the multiplier? If so, you can get the extra cache to unlock. If your board doesn't support multiplier adjustments, post the info on the black sticker-thing on your cpu, including the OPN, "stepping," and week (the week will probably tell us if it's superlocked or not).

There is, however, a chance that the cache will be bad or non-fuctional, in which case you'll just have to undo the mod. There is also risk that goes along with playing with your cpu. Make sure you connect the proper brides in the proper manner, don't shortanything, and watch out for static discharge.

welcome to the forums,

make sure you post your threads in the right place ... dont want to start making mods mad already

i have to take my massive heatsick off to check if it is super locked but im sure it it i tryed the pin mod to change the multi and it didnt work so i started looking around and found something about superlocking and thats when i wonderd if i could enable the rest of the l2 cache:( but i guess cant go that wrong with a 30dollar chip i got a extra 500mhz out of it and its perfectly stable i could get more but my ram cost more then the ship dont want to ruin it and i think i need to up the vcore a little more its at 1.66v well thanks for the help thats what i needed to know ill get back tho to tell you for sure if its superlocked

did u have to cut the L11 bridges or just select 1.7V and do the pin exactly like it? I'm afraid that if i don't cut the L11 bridges like they said then the 1.7 V will stack on the 1.5V defalt and i'll burn my chip for sure.

you dont have to cut anything uless you want a certin voltage but the 2 i know work are the 1.675 and the 1.725 those work 1.7volt mod dont work,it wont stack on top of eachother to make like 3volts it just wont happen just try the 1.675 if you are trying to get two 2.0ghz or 2.1ghz thats what i did repeat you dont have to cut and it wont overvolt it.Well if you put the mod to go 1.675 itwill give your cpu 1.675 accually it gave mine 1.66...lol but good enough just do the mod you wont fry your cpu and you will see what im talking about i thought the same thing as you that i will burn but i read somewhere else that exsplains it i dont remember where tho if i find i'll send it to you

p.s its not worth putting it at 1.725 alls i got was a extra 60mhz but at what price it ran like 52c at full load and i couldnt reach 2.2ghz or maybe it was my ram im sure if i put 1.775 i could reach 2.2 but not really worth it because you are overclocking everything and my northridge was getting really hot and my video card also when my fsb was at 180mhz

im sorry for the long story...lol and i hope you could understand this:))

Last edited:
it's cool, i got it to work, but problem is i can't get it stable at 13.5 X 166 = 2230mhz, at 1.7 V too. i'm thinking of giving it 1.750 hehe, it's alot easier with my duron, i have a 1800, so it even out at 166 FSB, no FSB OC means that it's safe on the PCI and all that stuff, problem is i think my votage is not enough to do that speed. i'm asking the other guys and see if i can safely bump that up a little. thanks you so much, it's been really helpful.

i'm pretty sure it's locked, manufature in 04 it's got to be locked. mine is the same steping but it's 0329, so it's unlock.

"sigh" o well

hey if yours is ulocked you can up the multiplier with the pin mod it doesnt work with mine damn superlock<~~~mumbles in his jeloussy

no mutliplier change for me, i'm hitting my max FSB and speed, i'm not gonna open it again for 50mhz, lol

hey warlock if you can u should lower that multi and up the fsb. i know it goes higher than 166. but i dont know if there is a pin mod to lower the multi or not. i have not looked into it myself. all i know is that damn 13.5 multi is killing you oc.
good luck,
al

can't up FSB man, my cheap mobo is a KT 333 chip set, not Nforce 2. PCI and RAM will be out of spec, n i'll be crying latter. i'm thinking of getting the multiplier up to 14 or 14.5 just so i can get some more speed. besides I got 2700 RAM, ain't going any where with that either :)

Back