• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power management question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

ok here is the deal every night whe nI go to bed I turn my monitor off but in the morning when I go to turn it back on it wont.... I just get a black screen so im forced to hit my pc reset button so my pc will bootup so I can get my monitor back on so what do I need to change so that i can get my monitor on in the morning?

ty
rcillig

board in question is a dfi lp nfiib

It may be a Windows setting. Open the Control Panel and select Power Options. Set everything to "Never". Also, disable Hibernate. If that doesn't work, go into your BIOS and make sure the Suspend to RAM or equivalent is disabled.

~THT

Have you tried moving your mouse to get it out of sleep mode? Windows defaults to turn off the monitor after 1 hour... so if you turn off the monitor and turn it back on 2 hours later all you will get is a black screen and an orange light until you move the mouse and wait a few seconds to turn back on.

Just go into the display settings under the screen saver tab and hit the button on the bottom labelled "power..."

I would like to thank everyone who help me figure out my problem. I t was my monitor for some reason it would not come outa suspend or sleep mode I switched monitors and poof it works like a charm..... go figure I shoulda tried that first but thought that my 17inch HP was a good one now im stuck with a 15inch gateway untill I ge a better one.
Agian TY for all the help.

Last edited:
Back