• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu:fsb ratios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bwanaaa

Running a mobile barton on NF7-S
11.5x211 fsb
1.7 vcore, 2.8 vdimm
corsair 3200LL v1.2 2-3-2-11
cpu temp 53 C stable with prime 95
thermalright sp97 panaflow 92 mm medium speed fan
overture case with an additional 92 mm exhaust fan in the floor (hole drilled between hd cage and cdr cage)

why are there different fractions that amount to the same thing---3/3, 4/4, 5/5, 6/6- in the bios? I ask because i want to go higher on the fsb but cant- i think its my corsair ch5. so i'll raise the multi but obviously have to downgrade the mem speed. which divider works best for this mobo?

Also, just raising the vcore to >1.9 (with settings that otherwise work-like those above) causes all sorts of beeping (long-short siren) on boot. I was exploring the limits of the mobo-cpu and i guess the mobile bartons dont like too much juice.

The multipliers are kind of pointless IMHO unless of course you want a really high FSB but you have insufficient ram to get high. Basically, think of it as "A/B" where A = a multiplier and B = a divisor. I'm not really sure why they have a bunch that equal the same thing but I use 6/6, why, I'm not sure - I guess it makes me feel that it's going to make my oc more stable. Go ahead and try different ones and see what happens.

As far as the beeping goes - that is a overvolt/out-of-spec siren. I used to get it when I was running my Barton at 1.93v and then opened up Hardware Doctor, but you can normally just ignore it (HWDoc gives you the option). If you're getting these beeps on boot, then your PSU is insufficient - I killed one by forcing it past POST :-/

Good luck with your OC!

tnx.

well, i guess 1.9v is the limit for the antec 380w that's in the overture case. I can live with 11.5x211- sandra scores are equivalent to a p4 3.2 ghz in math(although my mem bandwidthe is only 2/3 of that as you'd expect)

S

Back