• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where'd my water go!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TinyTim

Registered
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=278122

That's my setup. It seems when I leave it off at night, all the water evaporates. I left it running for testing for 36 hours and it was fine, I only had to add enough water to compensate for the excess air bubbles in the system. I'm just running distilled water. But since it's been installed in the box, I keep losing water. The first night, I left it off, came home from work at lunch and it was half empty, refilled it and ran all evening OK. Last night, I left it off, woke up this morning and it was 90% empty! There's no sign of leaks, not even any dampness anywhere. Where'd it go?!

Would it help if I switched to an antifreeze/water mixture? Should I get new hoses? What's the deal?! Help! :(

it can't evaporate that fast.. it can definiatly leak that fast though.
get some uv dye, or squeeze some highlighter ink in the water (no it won't hurt anything) and get a UV light to find hiden leaks. You might find leaks in the stranges places.
(btw, did u check ur block for cracks?)

No visible cracks on the block. The seal with the O-ring looks good. No water anywhere in the box? I'll try the highlighter with UV light thing tonight. All the connections look good and there's no wetness anywhere. It's only the one Maze4 block. It seems to lose water if I leave the pump off, except...where does it go?

wow, thats weird!!! did you check the bottom of the case and everything? look on the desk under the case and make sure it doesnt run out onto the floor.... maybe its just thursty? maybe while the computer is off... lay some paper towel in your case close to your parts and see if it is damp later... it has to go somewhere

The computer sits on carpet, so it should feel damp if it's leaking that much onto the carpet. :confused: I'll try the paper towel thing tonight too after the UV test. Is it possible that it's all settling into my radiator now? Isn't that a lot to settle into a radiator?

I know, I'm a n00b...

it CCOOUULLDD be that.... how long has it done it for? i would think you would see air bubbles flying around when it is on if the water was just going into the rad... do you have a res in your system or a T line?

Using a T-line. When it's running, it's fine, I don't see any bubbles in the system and the T-line stays topped up. When I stop it for awhile, the water level drops relatively fast.

So its not only me with disappearing water? Mine disappears but not as fast as yours does.

I have sealed up all the connections with silicone and its completely closed system. No leaks, no water, just disappears:eh?:

I guess that UV blacklight trick would be pretty cool to find the leaks. I'm going to try that.

It's vertical...I think. It's tall, with barbs facing to one side.

Well, I left the pump on for 4hrs now and it hasn't lost any water. It seems if I stop it, it'll lose water?

...or it's the water gnomes that only come out at night. :(

Back