• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiplier wire trick for nForce2 Ultra 400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sammy

Registered
I have a Mobile 2500 that runs great at [email protected] on my MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR . I know it will go more but the 13 multiplier doesn't work, as mentioned by others.

I was looking at the wire trick on http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

Its not clear to me if it works like that for a mobile XP, and also if there are some bridges to be cut?

Has this trick been tried for nforce2 boards with a mobile CPU, or what experience has anyone had with this.

I tried both GCPUID and CPUMSR just to be sure they wouldn't work and they didn't.

Any body found a way to get a higher multipler?
Thanks.

Right now you have a 2500+ Barton, its default multiplier is x6, if you do the wire trick, or cut the 5th L3 bridge, your default multiplier will become x14.
Are you talking about the WIRE TRICK or cutting bridges? These are two different things. if you're talking about cutting bridges then you must disconnect the last (5th) L3 bridge. If you're talking about wire trick check out the BOTTOM pic on this page, both ways will give you the same result, so use which ever one u feel more comfortable with. I'd personally recommend the wire trick as it has nothing to do with modifying your CPU and is COMPLITELY reversible.
Good Luck.

Like in your picture with wires only - I hope. The reason I asked about both is because in reading the ocinside site below the pin charts, I wasn't sure of two things:
If his slick pin pictures would work on the mobile XP-M, and in reading below that it looked like it also might require cutting some bridges to use his pin mods.

I wanted to try the wire setup to get 13x, but wanted to try to sure it wouldn't cause any smokys.

I would sure only like to use wires only - you are right they're pretty easy.

Do you think it's safe to try the wire mod for multipliers?
I know a lot of members are getting 13x and more on their nforce boards, but don't know how they do it.

I sure like your GCPUID - too bad it won't work on nforce boards. I may end up having to try all this on a KT600 board, but still want to get the nforce board higher.
Thanks a lot for helping

Back