• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE6 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ricksimm

Is there a setting that will force Internet Explorer 6 to go to the server for each page it displays- just as if there was no cache? We have a website where we add parts descriptions and other info. Sometimes when adding we get a quick screen display of something that looks like website code for about a second or two and then it reverts back to the original webpage. I can walk in the next room and try the same function and it will work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If you include a question mark (a.k.a. www.ocforums.com/?) at the end of the url, it makes the browser go back to the page and download it again as if there is no cache. I know there is also another anoter fix where you can modify an option in IE, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I'm sure someone else around here can help you out.

Finally remembered how to do it through IE. Go to Tools->Internet Options->General Tab->Settings (Under the temporary files section)->Check every visit to page button.

Back