• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nitrix

Registered
With an eheim 1250, a double heatercore and a white water block, should I go with 1/2 or 3/8 tubing ?

What will give me the best performance ?

thanks

Nitrix said:
With an eheim 1250, a double heatercore and a white water block, should I go with 1/2 or 3/8 tubing ?

What will give me the best performance ?

thanks

1/2" will undoubtably give you better performance than 3/8".....

why undoubtedly, just want some reasons, but wouldn’t flow rate have an 'optimum' flow rate where heat is best dissipated into the water?

Its been argued time and time again. What it comes down to is that it doesn't matter that much. Neither will undoubtably be better.

fishy, can you explain or link me to any info about your statement? Not that i doubt what you said but i'm looking for an answer to myself. What i have seen is that the inlet should have as less retrictive flow as it can so 1/2" "should" be better....

THanks man

not sure how liquid physics work but wudnt the water move the same speed in each kinda tube?.

after all in the end ur trying to cool down the block, for you need particles of water to conduct the heat away from the block. so really any movement of water above a set level will be fine, and perhaps too fast water will gain a negative effect.

MameXP said:
fishy, can you explain or link me to any info about your statement? Not that i doubt what you said but i'm looking for an answer to myself. What i have seen is that the inlet should have as less retrictive flow as it can so 1/2" "should" be better....

THanks man

I foget where I saw the artice. There are a whole bunch that go into it pretty well. Look around, Im sure you will find something.

Back