• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attempting to lower Vcore yay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ogboot

well, i've run 2.0 vcore for months now, and now that i've pretty much found my o/c at 220*10.5 i decided to find the lowest possible vcore. been folding for hours now at 1.95vcore with a 3c drop in load temps with water cooling. looking good so far, funny how i'm kinda doin this backwards huh :D think of the last year or so as a burn-in lol. something tells me it won't be stable at 1.9 but we'll see (after 1.9vcore setting on my abit kt600, the bios increments go from 1.9 - 1.95 - 1.975 - 2.0 - 2.025 - 2.075 - 2.1 funny how they decided not to add all the .025 increments )

i'm on watercooling right now, my pc wouldn'y even post with 2.0vcore on my old air cooling, my current scheme is fine...

with ambient near 80F (gulf coast of mississippi, and upstairs at that) i get 43ish/47.5 right now while folding. i have a pump issue though, noticed 2 days ago while filling my system that my mc600 thats only 3months old leaks a lil :(

EDIT: i tightened some screws on the pump but am avoiding dissassembling the pump or RMAing it for the time being. however i need to refill again cause the leak let in air that has caused a bubble at the top of my system, i.e. NO pressure :(

EDIT #2: i think it took a lil bit to dissipate the heat from 2.0vcore, been a couple hours since original post still folding and full load temp is now 45.5c

Last edited:
well, there was a reason i was running 2.0vcore, failed prime95 after 3 min with 1.95, passed 12hrs so far with 2.0, oh well.

Back