• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone noticed with these boards,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Semyaza

Has anyone else been able to overclock and run prime stable on these and then like 4 days later it is not stable anymore? Is there some sort of settling in period?

Seems it could be heat. On hot days i have to back off some. And another thing is overclocking ones video card will add to stability problems.
My Radeon 9700pro gets so hot when running the clock in the 380mhz, can cause my screen to disappear but will work after its off a few minutes but its just the temp.TOO HOT!

I think anything over 43c load is not good thats when i get random reboots above that temp seems my 1800+DLT3C likes
it under 40c and rock stable between 2300-2350mhz

Your mobile chip may have hiccups. I'm sure you'll find what works. Some chips lose there overclock potential over time and burn in.

Temps on your north&south bridges are also crucial as well as your mosfets. Try cooling them

Yeah I already ordered a swiftech north bridge cooler and heat sink with a vantech tornado. It should come tom, prob help it cool down alot. This thermatake sukz.

I would have went thermaright but none of theirs fit my mobo :(

It's definately a heat issue !! All mosfets in cpu area , memory area and one other chip right under teh agp mobo mounting hole NEED heatsinks !!! These boards get very hot at even stock voltages .. Even the traces get warmed up .. !!!

Back