• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leaking MCP600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ogboot

i have a swiftech MCP600 i got within the last 3 months to replace my blown 300 pump. i refilled my system the other day during some routine maintenance, and when i started it i heard the pump start churning on some air. upon inspection the pump is ever so slightly leaking at the front where the 4 screws are, around the bottom screw. i tightened the screws as much as i deemed necessary, but i don't believe it helped. i'm about to refil the system to see if it is still an issue (which it probably is). is this a common issue and am i doomed to RMA this pump for yet another one? another thing, i usually close the outlet valve first when i have completed bleeding of the system, then the inlet valve, would this be causing too much pressure and should i close the inlet valve first? wouldn't this then cause negative pressure? thanks in advance for the help.

ogboot said:
another thing, i usually close the outlet valve first when i have completed bleeding of the system, then the inlet valve, would this be causing too much pressure and should i close the inlet valve first? wouldn't this then cause negative pressure? thanks in advance for the help.

nope, you got it right, outlet first, then inlet. As for the pump leaking, you are the first who got one leaking (that i know of) since rev.2 of the pump.

i filled it twice the other day, and both times as soon as i was finished it leaked from the same spot, i REALLY don't want to rma i think i'll disconnect it and at least check the seals first. since i did tighten the screws a bit i'm about to try one more fill and bleed, but not optimistic... :(

If he got the pump over a month ago, I doubt it's a rev 2 pump. As far as the leak, I've been using mine for a month now, so far so good. Maybe, ogboot, try some silicon (rtv) around the area where the 4 screws are. Let it dry and it might solve your leaking problem.

Shawn

I dont think it is a revsion 2 either. Check the serial number to see if it is or not. I have a mcp600 rev1 and have never had any problems with it. It runs very quiet, gives off litltle heat , and pushes the water very fast. 10.5 head and 160gph. I think you should think of contacting swiftech directly and talking to gabe or possibly bill. Good luck.

Keep clocking

i emailed michelle in rma and asked if i could be authorized to check the seals on the pump, haven't gotten reply yet, but its early. yeah, its still leakin though, residue in the bottom of the case this morning. serial #0311109

sucks for me, shame this really has been a good pump up until the whole leaking thing *sigh
its only about 2 drops an hour but by this morning there was a nice bubble in my top line, i.e. NO pressure what so ever. waah, i don't wanna have to take out the pump..... :(

ya i just called they told me to dissassemble that bad boy. we'll see if it's just the o-ring.

Hey Ogboot, I also have a Swiftech 8501 series kit. I already have the cpu waterblock, chipset block, and video block installed on my mother board. Should I take my blocks off my mobo to leak test my system? Thanks

definitely yes, most people take it out of the pc and leave it running overnite to make sure it is leak free.

just a followup i disassembled the pump this morning, noticed nothing out of the ordinary, reassembled, had a great fill and bleed and the pump hasn't leaked a thing all day.

Back