• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got 1700 DL3TC JIUHB 0310.. not good times so far

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

I just got this chip today and installed.. and having all kinds of problems... @ sertain speeds it'll boot into windows. but when i click my logon icon it says "windows cannot identify **** product code" blah blah somethign..

@ alot of tried speeds.. reboot... reboot.... reboot... reboot (did i say reboot?)

@ stock speeds.. hit & miss.. got it running now under 10x180 and it did the logon "cannot verify" thingy noted above again.. but just hit another persons name icon and went into windows... dont know what the hell is going on...

got ideahs?.. questions ?.... answers?.. anything...

i'm just thinking there gotta be some small bios setting somehere.. or something i'm just missing.... i know the chip is good.. gotta be some small thing i'm overlooking somewhere.

I had all sorts of issues with my 310 and my A7N8X Deluxe...wouldnt OC very well, kept having reboot issues...the main thing was...anything after 2.4Ghz and the BIOS had to be reset after shutting down...MB kept telling me the CPU was OCed too high and wouldnt let me boot into anything past 2.4...but would boot up at 2.5 after reseting the BIOS...

I personally think it is a Asus issue because I had no problems when I stuck it in my NF7-S rev 2.0...that is until it died from overvolting it...

I also had it running at 2.55Ghz at 2.2v's until it died with no reboot or MB having issues with it being OCed so high...

hmm.. after about 45 mins of burnin in.. now it's doing alright... i'll let it do some more and see if i can change anything in a couple hrs.

Oh yea...forgot to ask which BIOS version you are running...I found the Uber BIOS to be the best...1007...becareful using below 1007...bios corruption is know for the uber 1004 and below...but the 1005 and 1006 didnt help performance...just helped the SATA corruption issue...

okay.. now i've figured out.. it just likes the juice.. :bang head .. but not the heat.. i cant wait till i get my 947u to tame this bad boy... but even at speeds i can get it to boot into windows... it gives me an error saying that windows has not been activated (like it asked you to do when you install) but still woks correctly.. no blue screens or anything.. just wont let me in... :mad:

anyone ran into this before?

What memory timings are you using...too tight of memory timings can lead to all sorts of problems...including HD corruption...

actually i have to loosen them up for 200mhz.. it's samsung 2700.. but i had it @ 200mhz with no probs with my barton @ 2.5 ,4,4,8 timings.. that's what i've tried them with this.. but no go except long enough to edit my sig ;).. but so far with this one the only rock stable i've gotten is 180fsb with it @ 2.5 , 3, 3, 7 @ 2.9V.. i'm definatley gonna have to vdimm mod this one :drool:

now i've gotten it up to 2070mhz though 180x11.5 .. i really think better cooling (on it's way ) with voltage will help it. it seems the longer i get it to stay at something the further it will go..

the original owner of this chip said they had it running from 1.9-2.0V all the time but ALWAYS water cooled.. so it's probably just set in it's ways and needs a little breaking in .. when i get my 947U it will probably like it :cool:

edit: to bad i've already sold most of my h20 stuff.. :bang head

okay guys.. i REALLY need some help.. OMG this thing is driving me batty :bang head

it seems as if this chip WONT do anything unless it's 1.9-2.0V or better.. this is not normal for a dlt3c jiuhb is it?... is it possible that a cpu can get "used" to what it's run at and only want to run at that voltage ...??

here's a complete (as far as i can think system spec)

A7N8X 2.0 - 1007 Uber bios
vcore moded for up to 2.14V when set to 1.750 in bios..
JIUHB 1700 DL3TC..0310
SLK-947U--- good temps..
2x256 512 Samsung pc2700 -- 180mhz 2.5, 3 , 3, 7 @ 2.9V
530W fortron PSU (kick *** :D )
took out GF4 ti 4200 to elimanate an uncertainty..
right now running @ 1980Mhz but @ 2.14V..

This chip before i recieved it was running 2300 (11.5x200) @ 1.9-2.0V core right before i recieved it.. :rolleyes:...

i'm just dumbfounded........ :bang head

any chance you are using the motherboard that your avatar chip cam out of .. ? All jiuhbs I have ever had run 200x10 and 10.5 usually with default voltages ..

i owned one of these chips on water it would only do 2434 stable it didnt like heat at all and it would get hot fast with voltage increse. mine was a wpmw i heard that the xpmw's were usualy better. as far as voltages i ran mine i think at 2.04v~2.08v to get there (whatever 2.14v in bios was on an nf7) but i wasnt impressed at this chip after i got it

What? thats strange. Mine can do 2.4 at 1.775v . WIth 1.9v i can get to 2550mhz on water.
Maybe its your board. My board is Epox 8RDA+
Or you got a bad chip

okay well.. i said "lets' se what i can do at the lowes voltage possible.. well.. it's 1.74V... :mad: @ 1000mhz.. oh yes.. i said 1000mhz... this is pathetic..

Sorry to hear you are having trouble repilce. :(

The dLt3c chips in my sig will do 2.2ghz @ stock voltage,
2.3ghz @ 1.6v, and 2.5ghz @ 1.8v. ... Nice curve huh?

Those 310 are supposed to as good if not better than these
307 VPMW. I've heard of some having trouble with the
a7n8x boards, but it should do better than that.
Any chance the RAM is holding you back? Can't tell
what you have from your sig.

Also, have you tried clearing your CMOS with the battery
removed? That can make a big difference sometimes. ;)

Back