• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid leaks!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

argh...
my res won't stop leaking.. i tried sealing it with silicon (while still connected to the system) but it still leaks. is there anyway i can seal it up w/o having to take it appart and reapply silicon to the threads? i don't have time now to take care of it, but i can't let it leak all over my case
thx guys!
korndog

Unfortunately I think you're going to have to shut it down and drain it out enough to dry out the res. Once you do that, you should be able to use a little bead of Goop around the top edge of the threads. Once it completely cures (about 3-4 hours) you should be fine.
Sorry, I have no idea how you could do it with water in the system though. (and have it be reliable)

aww... guess ur right.
but u said "and have it reliable"
does that mean u have a temporary way of sealing it?
i'm going to be making a new res soon, thus my old one will become history :) i just need to fix it for like 1-2weeks operation

i dunno about the duct tape....dunno how well it sticks to wet surfaces.....you could just put a t-line in real easy....you wouldn't even hafta drain the system if you do it carefully.....

suicidalmole said:
i dunno about the duct tape....dunno how well it sticks to wet surfaces.....you could just put a t-line in real easy....you wouldn't even hafta drain the system if you do it carefully.....

i do have a t line.. well, its more like an upside down F line, lol
yea, i donno about the duct tape either, right now its leaking on the bottom of my case, which i don't care much about it doesn't matter, but i just don't want to keep refilling it every day because my pump starts to createwhirlpools and sucks air at low water levels in the T. OH WELL... i guess i'm stuck with redoing the whole thing. Thanks though, i might just wrap it up with tissue paper cuz my acoustic foam is sucking up all the coolant :eek:

Joe Camel said:
consider it extra inspiration to finish you DIY res ;)

altho the first layer of tape wont stick, the 2nd 3rd and 4th (wrapped TIGHT) should help.

GOOD LUCK

lol, inspiration? i'm trashing this res as soon as i'm finished building a new one. hm.. 4 layers of tape.. THAT JUST MIGHT WORK!!! THX!!!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...allany&Ntx=mode+matchallany&Np=1&N=2004&Nty=1

Dont know if you want to wait on something to get shipped to you, but this is one way too fix it. It dries white, however I know Ive seen some that dries clear. Check some of the local pet shops and see if they may have something like this.

Also, if the leak isnt real bad and you can get it to stay dry for a few minutes, they make high strength epoxy that dries clear and will set in less that 5 minutes. Walmart sells it for something like $5. I have some of the stuff that can be worked for 30 min. and is completely dry in 2 hours and this stuff is great.

use a small shop rag from autozone the red ones tie it in a knot.
ive seen this stop leaks temp on car rad hoses.

Back