• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

n00bish bong cooler+water block questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

village_treky

1. im doing a sience fair project useing a bong style cooler(not shure how im going to get away with the name though :p ) enywhay, i would like some help on how exactly one would go about making one, best components to use for cheep, ect. im not going to be overclocking(im getting a cheep mobo+proc from newegg, and just useing it for this, than ill rma them or just have them lay around)

2. im planing on useing a duron socet a, but im all the cheep mobos doent have mounting holes, so i might go with a celery based system. enywhay, does enyone know of a cheep waterblock that can be used with clips only? or do i have to go with a celery(which is a hell of alot more $$) with the mounting braket? whats a n00b to do?

thanks in advance!

Well about the bong, call it an 'evaporative cooling tower' or something good like that. and buying and RMAing that stuff isnt right, why not use what you have?

cheap waterblock? I dunno, see what setup you have first. I know hardwarelabs makes a pretty cheap clip on block that might be able to be found at aquastealth.com

Jon

i dont know why i said id rma, it:rolleyes: i wasnt thinking strait, and i dont want to use my system b/c i dont want to fry it and void worenty at the same time( i still have a few months left on the worenty). enywhay, they have a clip adapter their for 11 bucks, if whats what you were talking about

and do you think this pump is powerfull anof for what im looking at doing?
http://aquastealth.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=31

after the sience fair i might use it to cool my radeon 9800, but not my proc

Last edited:
Back