• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35N Ultra400 voltmod for the vDIMM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

etherboy

Registered
Hey since this is like the best place for Shuttle board Overclocking info, I was wondering if anyone knows about v-modding this board, ie. any success stories...

I am interested in trying the mod... otherwise I may swap the board for one with a higher vDIMM potential...

Also I heard 8rdacore is supposed to allow you to set the vDIMM to 2.8... but I downloaded the latest version and the vDIMM adjustment is set to "disabled"...

I'm confuzzled...

Cheers...

Hi etherboy.

Sorry, no Vdimm mod yet. The original bios had missing multis so maybe we will get a 2.8V selection down the road a ways. One can only hope. :(

What is 8rdacore? Change voltages on the fly? There isn't a 2.8V selection in the bios so that program won't register it. That's my guess.

Last edited:
So guys, Vdimm mod is here, but it can rise voltage only up to 2.9V. 8rdaVcore ver > 0.8.5b can change Vdimm voltage on the fly up to 2.8V w/o any soldering on mobo, i check this with voltmeter and this _really_work_. Why Shuttle not include 2.8V Vdimm option in BIOS thats a question. I asked them two times about this, but no any reply received yet.

etherboy Vdimm and some other settings are disabled when problems with giveio driver, RTFM ;)

Last edited:
Well, no body told me that that info was right here in my back yard!!! I'll have to investigate this over spring break.

AA666: I'm a tech, I don't RTFM ;P

lol... I will double check tonight... thinking that the voltage is somewhat limiting my ability to push this RAM...

Thanks for the replies guys!

edit: excellent links posted, I found out the voltage mod is really simple for the DIMM yielding 2.9v max (as mentioned)...

From pin8 of the LM431 chip through a 2.2k ohm resistor to ground... I will try this mod later and post results at some point... haven't soldered on a mobo before so I will have to practice on some scrap ones from my work (computer recycling depot)... don't want to bridge the pins :eek:

Anyways thanks again...

Last edited:
thanks ColtIce, good thread and good forum. The Vdd mod for AN35N is simple - 10k pots to 8 pin of U20(rt9203) and ground. For me this mod is pretty useless - I rised Vdd to 1.8V, but mobo stays unstable over 242FSB.

AA666: did the difference between 8rdacore and the volt-mod help you OC? Is the 0.1v worth mod in otherwords?

It highly depends on memory modules. For oced Kingston ddr333 and Samsung ddr266 it does nothing, they refuse to run stable over ~210fsb. For a-data ddr500 it help reduce CL3 to CL2.5 @230FSB. Jumpin from 240 to 250 when just replaced small sb hs to bigger one. Now 250fsb stable for about hour in prime, w/o this hs only 20min. This 0.1V is pretty useless for me, my hungry a-datas needs at least 0.4V over.

I think I'll give the Vdimm mod a go with my choice CH-5 that are supposed to do DDR433 6-3-3-2 @2.75V.

I tried the Vcore mod for my 9600pro but the results sucked but that's probably because the mod was inteded for the first make of 9600pros and not my revision 2.

And I thought I was going to be bored on my spring break.

My Sammy DIMM is TCC4 which is supposed to be a good OC'er... wondering if the extra 0.1v is worth it or not...

Might just do it for the heck of it...

Back