• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! GA-7N400Pro2 R2 won't post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PusherD

I'm hoping that I haven't succeeded in frying two GA-7N400Pro2 (both rev 2.0)

I was trying to tweak my 2500+ XP Mobile to get the best performance I could... one of the times I was making an adjustment, Windows locked up, the speaker started giving me a car alarm (high-low-high-low... etc) like warning, and the computer shut off (the temp was around 52 C at the time, according to EasyTune)

When I turned the computer back on, it wouldn' post... Here's what I've tried so far... does anyone have any other suggestions than these???

- swapped processors (I know that the one works, 'cause I'm using it now in my 7VAXP)
- swapped video cards (even tried a PCI version)
- swapped RAM
- swapped power supplies
- tried the "...hit reset and press 'insert' key..." trick
- cleared CMOS

and a couple of other things that I can't remember now. and NOTHING!!!

At the time I believe I was trying a 166 FSB and a multiplier of like 12 or 13 (can't remember for sure)

And... because if it hurts to hit your head on the wall once... DO IT AGAIN! I tried swapping MOBO's and something very similar happened (I started with the settings that seemed stable on the other MOBO)... Now I have two dead MOBO's.. and I feel like I'm missing something that I haven't tried

If it helps whomever reads this (If you've even got this far) my PC speaker isn't giving me any sound at all now either (and I've tried pulling one out of my other case too)

Thanks for everyone's help

PusherD!

PusherD,
Sorry to hear that you are struggling with that:(
Im not gonna give ya a long post right now, just cant:(

So,
List you full sys specs, including brand of ram, psu outputs per the label.

Do you have access to a stick of pc2100 to run?

If you dont get a quick response here soon, see my boy's over at
Gigabyte Forum Amdmb got a bunch of em over there chomping at the bit to solve problems:D You tell them the "Step MOM " sent you and they will hook you right up.

Laterz,
3sixes -aka- dafanman:cool:

Back