• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

top nForce2 on the market ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

hey guyz i`m looking for a good nForce2 mobo... an epox, asus, or abit.. nothing fancy like 8 ide ports or raid, but a good overclocker it should deffently be...

with this opportunity i`ll refresh my AMD memory a little bit...

thanks

Best board falls under 2 catagories for pplz.

Advanced Users : Abit NF7-S 2.0

Novice Users : DFI Infinity Ultra B or NF2 Lanparty B

Best overall: NF7-S 2.0 (However...see below)

The NF7 is by far the most powerful, but it is the most difficult of all the Nforce2 boards to get workin right.

It is not user friendly at all!!

Im not saying that its a bad board. Im only wargning you that is a real wildcard. It blows any other Nforce board outta the water, but it comes at a price.

So long as you understand that it will be tought to get it to OC stabily, then go ahead and get it.

aha i see.. i knew about the IC7 max3 and the NF7 v2.00.. i thought things changed...

thanks...

The DFI Infinity is getting the higher bus speeds and many NF7 users are switching over, just take a look in the DFI section.

If you want the highest bus speeds then go with the DFI, however, if thats not what you're looking for then they both would be good.

I personally thought the DFI LP sucked...but that is me...that is also why I am running a NF7-S rev 2.0...

And what Sentential stated is true...it is not meant for someone new to OCing or new to abit boards...

ConquereR said:
I went from a A7N8X Deluxe to a Abit NF7-S v2 and I do not regret it AT ALL. I love my board and have never had problems with it.

A7n8X Deluxe user: I have been thinking about the same switch for a while now, you may have pushed me over the edge.

You wont regret it and wont even look back...was looking at the DFI and NF7-S rev 2.0 and the 8RDA3+...choose the NF7-S rev 2.0 to replace my A7N8X Deluxes...gotta love the extra voltage without modding the thing to death...(compaired to the A7N8X Deluxe)

ConquereR said:
I went from a A7N8X Deluxe to a Abit NF7-S v2 and I do not regret it AT ALL. I love my board and have never had problems with it.

same here, went from the asus deluxe to nf7-s v2 last fall when it first came out, still using it now and dont regret it one bit.

7keys said:
You mean you don't regret it A-BIT.

Har-har...

I am tossed between the NF7-S & the DFI Infinity.

I will be using the onboard sound until I can afford an Audigy2. I know the SoundStorm rocks on the NF7-S, but how is the sound on the DFI?

I do have 5.1 speakers, so want the best for them til I can really use them. :)

The sound on the DFI is vastly superior to that on the Abit - if you're running it via hi-fi.
Everyone's upgrading from Abit to DFI not just because of the enormous FSB, but because of the incredible memory timings and all-round performance.

thanks... i bought the abit.. and the sound rocks..!!!
i`ll now see a downgrade from palomino 2000+ to t-bred 1700

thanks and see ya

Back