• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Converted to AMD - Wanna Oclock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sammy5gs

Converted to AMD (in full) - Wanna Oclock...

Hey All..

I have recently sold all of my P4 stuff, and am strictly sticking with AMD from here on out. I desperately wanted to go the A64 route, but realized $750 bones is a little out of my price range right now.

Thus, my main rig right now is the following:

AMD 2500+ Barton (333 Mhz)
Thermaltake Volcano 10+ HSF
Shuttle AN35N Ultra Mobo
2 Sticks of 512MB PC3200 Crucial Memory

Other components:
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB
16X DVD-Rom Drive
52x24x52 CD-RW Drive
120GB WD HDD / 80 GB Maxtor HDD
Antec TruePower 480Watt PSU
6 Case Fans

Right now, everything is running at stock. The CPU is running at 11x166Mhz. My Memory settings are running at 8-3-3-3 (by SPD). Now, I am real weak when it comes to understanding memory timings, but my memory is PC3200 and it is probably not running to it's full capability.

Anywho, since my past experience has been with P4 overclocking (never touched memory) with a locked multiplier, I am looking for some quidance with this chip and board, and the memory I am using to see what extra juice I can get out of this rig (without upgrading HSF, Memory, etc). I have heard that some people have these CPUs running at 3200+ speeds. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sammy5gs

Back