• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got some problems with XP Pro after re-install..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noble2501

I'm helping my friend out with his computer, and after we reinstalled win xp some things just wont work anymore. It won't log off or shut down when I click start turn off or log off. And for some reason we can't use the tv output of his video card a creative geforce 3 ti 200 (or something like that).
I'd really rather not re-install again, it's such a pain..
Need help like right away! so if you know something, give it up! :rolleyes:

PS. we installed the display drivers from nvidia's site first but they didn't work, so we used the drivers from creatives site (after a system restore..)

No errors.. I re-installed it again, but I still can't get the tv work as the secondary screen as it used to before.. But now at least the computer shut's down as it's supposed to.

I know this sounds silly, but do you have the latest drivers for that card? You know how all this goes...

Latest drivers --- Latest updates --- tech support for device in question (manufacturer's website might have an FAQ that would answer your question) --- then here! :D

Eitherways, if the driver is out of date, it could do any sort of quirky thing. Also, if you install service pack 1, that pack can screw with some drivers majorly (a video card on a laptop refused to display to TV after a service pack install, until the drivers were updated). Eitherways, that might help you out with your problem...

Back