• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

proper burn-in procedure???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CPUBurn

"This program is designed to load x86 CPU's as heavily as possible for the purposes of system testing. It has been optimized for Intel's P6 core (Pentium Pro, Pentium II, Celeron and Pentium III) processors. It does not test every instruction. The goal has been to maximize heat production from the CPU, putting stress on the CPU itself, cooling system, motherboard (especially voltage regulators) and power supply. burnBX loads the Northbridge, RAM, and 3.3V power supply."

CPU Burn-in

"CPU Burn-in is the ultimate stability testing tool for overclockers. The program heats up any x86 CPU to the maximum possible operating temperature that is achievable by using ordinary software. This allows the user to adjust the CPU speed up to the practical maximum while still being sure that stability is achieved even under the most stressful conditions. The program continuously monitors for erroneous calculations and errors ensuring the CPU does not generate errors during calculations performed under overclocking conditions."

Burning in the processor Guide

Well if you believe that it helps, run low speeds with high voltage. That is what the general conclusion is. Make sure to put the system under load. Some other applications that were not mentioned are Prime95, Toast, F@H & S@H.

{PMS}fishy said:
Prime95, Toast, F@H & S@H.

F@H and S@H programs are not meant to "BURN" a cpu in, did forget about toast though...the programs I listed above are made just for burning in the CPU...BTW...I use the last program I linked you to...can set a time limit for it and it will stop on errors or overheating...

Unlike the other programs, they will not stop on overheated core or errors the CPU gives off at anytime...and if you start to have errors when using F@H or [email protected] is really no way to tell while it is doing its thing...I have wasted many of units when sent because of errors the CPU made during the processing of the unit...

I honestly dont think burning in helps out .. Run teh chip about a week and see what it can do .. Other than that - giving your cpu a 'workout' never has helped me ..

LMFAO! That was hilarious!

"Exactly 67 seconds. No more. No less. Then we stomp the fire out with our foot..."

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Back