• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston (KVR) BH-6 Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey guys,
As I said here , I got my hands on a old Kingston Value Ram (KVR) which holds the good old BH-6 chips.

When I came home to test it I ran strait to my old moded 8rda+, I tried running it at 200fsb and relaxed timings, 2.5 3 3 7, I wasn't even close to being stable. I tried all kinds of voltages, but it just wouldn't do. Then I had this "crazy" idea to try it on my newer 8rda+ which is unmoded at all. I tried it in it and it runs 220 2-2-3-5 with 2.9v perfectly, also dual channel with my Corsair PC3200 v1.1 which has BH-6s too.

Well, so here's my result: 220 DC 2-2-3-5

Suma.

I want to check them on an Intel, I wonder if there's any difference, I'll let you guys know.

Suma.

Well, I don't feel like modding another mobo.
Which NF2 mobos supply more then 3v to the ram dimm except the Infinity?

Suma.

Well, do what I did.
Go to a store that holds huge amounts of kingston ram modules and ask'em to look for a special kind of ram. Look at the modules and look for one with BH-6. That's how I found mine.

Suma.

wannaoc said:
DFI Ultra Infinity or Lan Party "B". Both do 3.3V VDIMM stock and as of yesterday both were in refurbs at newegg. :)
One of those would be the one I just RMA'd for sure. (latter LP) Stupid ziff socket was not soldered to the MB properly. One side the pins barely protruded through the MB. Lot's of people seeing this as of late, so I would not touch one till you can see the socket solder job.

fwiw

Heh,
Well the Lan Party "B" is hell expensive here...
I might wanna mod my newer 8rda+.

Suma.

Suma said:
Well, do what I did.
Go to a store that holds huge amounts of kingston ram modules and ask'em to look for a special kind of ram. Look at the modules and look for one with BH-6. That's how I found mine.

Suma.
isnt it a wonderful feeling finding those gems in the middle of mediocre memory, while the store guy is scratching his head as to why u had to look at 30 different boxes of ram. when i found my vrbh6, i felt like runnin thru the store yelling u peons have no idea what i have in my hands...

LOL, that's the exact feeling.
I tryed to explain to the guy why I need this special one, but he just didn't get it. He said: "I'm in the Computers buisness for 10-15 years and I never seen a guy like you.." or something like that.
Well, I'm gonna go there again and hope for another one.

btw, what do you mean by "vrbh-6"? I'm guessing Value Ram BH-6?

Suma.

yep. valuram bh6. i got 2 sticks that way. goodluck. btw toasteroven took a roadtrip awhile back and went to about 10 or 12 stores and got 5 or 6 stiks, so they are out there

I'm sure they are.
I doubt that I'll be lucky enough to find one fast, but hey, I got this one w/out an effort.

Edit: YGPM

Suma.

Well, I'm glad yours work no problem with your setup, but as far as mine, like you all probably know already, especially flapperhead who always helped me along the way, mine are crazily bad BH6, or just incompatibility issue with my NF7-S V2 and AN7 board.

So, I will put conclusion on my experience. After almost a month of frustration, I'm going to return these RAMs to Circuit City. Unless someone want to try their luck with these RAMs, I will be more than willing to sell these RAM at my purchase price plus shipping. Just in case if someone wants BH6 so badly.

OK guys, peace and out. :D

if ur gonna return, u may want to do it quick cause, its usually a month grace period. also im very sorry u cant get them to run fast, hope you"ll find something..

Yap, it is a month, and it is closing in. So, I will return this very soon.

Thanks a lot flapperhead for all your help before. Now is time to mess around again with my BH5. :D

wannaoc said:
DFI Ultra Infinity or Lan Party "B". Both do 3.3V VDIMM stock and as of yesterday both were in refurbs at newegg. :)

Just got The Infinity from newegg "refurb" Wed. Only thing it came with was the board and a SATA cable:( Other than that this is an awesome board,took a while to get the right bios and memory settings stable. But lovin it NOW
:D

Back