• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

software for dvd's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeepgc04

Registered
Ok, i bought a buslink burner combo. Cdr and dvd r +,- and rw. 8X

It came with Sonic my DVD, which so far is pretty sweet for burning cd's, i has to be the most solid i have used so far. But for dvd's it only gives you the option of burning a dvd in compilation form, meaning stuff off the harddrive.

My question is this, what software would be good to use for copying dvd's. Another manager at work's wife is taking their kids to a hockey tournament and bought a mini tv with dvd for the ride to florida. His son wanted to use some of my dvd's but i don't usually lend mine out due to them often being returned scratched or not returned at all.

So what i am looking for is something that will read my dvd and then burn the whole disc.

thanks

DVD X Copy if you can still find it with the ripper. Otherwise its pretty useless. The good version had to be taken off the shelves. They are in court fighting it though.

what you want to do is illegal, making copies of your DVD's then giving them to someone else to use.

that said there are a few options, though the only software I know of that was easy to use was forced to stop production as is since it was considered to help in piracy.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdripping#6;30

here is a list of articles for you that can help you with your quest should you choose to continue on, knowing that giving a copy of your DVD's is illegal

Wow, illegal? I always thought that when it came to cd's dvd's or software. You as the original buyer were allowed 1 copy. As in defense of backup, incase your original was stolen or destroyed you should not have to go shell out the money for it all over again.

It is different with dvd's because they are encrypted. Because you can't copy an encrypted dvd, you need to either bypass (which is what DVD X Copy claims to do) or decrypt it. It is illegal to do this because of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, which made it illegal to circumvent copy protection measures (a.k.a. encryption).

Back