• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blocks and pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soji

Registered
alright, this is for my second rig. i decide to go with watercooling setup agian. now i have a 86 chevy s 10 copper heater core fits 2 120mm fans and 1/2 id, and clamps. alright i'm thinking of going with a dtek whitewater alu top block. i also have a 9700 pro and i do alot of gaming too, i said y not. what block u recommend for my vid. If u have a better block for the cpu, your input is greatly appreciated. The pump i'm having doubt on which to get but i keep seeing housing leaks. i was going to go with a danner mag 3. oh yea this is a amd rig 2500 unlocked barton with a Abit NF7-S 2.0. Willing to spend $150 thanks

Last edited:
i got the maze4 GPU and it pwnz i think its the **** lol i can overclock my GFX again

what about the pump u think the danner mag 3 will do, but i heard the housing leaks. it fine or another pump? and also isn't the Swifty MCW50 1/2 OD tubing or not ?

Mag 3 is good. I recommend it. If you are using brass fittings just becareful not to screw it in too tight otherwise the barb will crack.... Even with plastic fittings don't over-tighten it. You can seal the pump housing with a silicon sealant. I left my O-ring there altho Jfettig's site says that the O-ring should not be stretched so much... So far no pump housing leaks.

I would go for the swiftec water block for the video card. I never liked the idea of plastic for a top on a water block like the maze4.

would u recommend higher flow would it give me a like a little more drop in temps

and where is the cheapest place i can find the watersblocks and pump. i know their are not to many dtek distributors but do u know the place that has the shortest wait time

Back