• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocked my 1900+ pally help :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Ok i have a kr7a133-r mobo and i just unlocked my cpu multiplier
now does anyone have any sugestions on what i should do set the multi lower and raise fsb? raise multi and fsb?
i got pc2100 crucial cl2 2,5,2 1t, 4bank..right now im at multi 12.5 from 12 seems to be runnning fine i also got a swiftech mcx 462 with as3 any response would be gladly apreciated :)

oh ya this is what was on my cpu if anyone ever o/ced one of this and know how well they o/c
ax1900dmt3c
agoga0151mpm
41f27300496

Last edited:
Ok i got my mem to 150 fsb and 11x multi its working fine
so far when my multi was locked at 12x i could only get 145 fsb so its not my mem that was holding me back before right ?

ok i just tried multi 11.5 still shows like it was at 11 anyone know why the .5 arent working for me ? :(

ok i just got the fsb to 155 seems to be fine sisoftsandra did all the test fine
but i feel more of a delay now ?

ok im at fsb 160 now so 11x160=1760 how did i get 160 with pc2100 :)

Last edited:
You got 160 FSB because you have non-average PC2100 which do low 150s FSB on average 100 % insync.

Make sure your BIOS setting for Memory Frequency is set to 100% instead of Auto. BIOS settings are different for different mobos but see if you can figure it out on your mobo wheher your RAM is 100% in sync.

That's almost the limit for your Palomino but make sure it passes Prime95 Torture test before you push it any further and watch your temps.

Note that you may get 2.3 GHz with 2100+ T-Bred B instead of 1.7-1.8 with Palomino. 2100+ B's are still all factory unlocked.

Good luck.

hmm i cant find out if my ram is 100 % insync i dont see anything like that. and my max stable is 11x159=1749
i dont think my mem is the issue here any time i get over 1750 mhz i get the problems so i think its the cpu stopping me from getting higher
and cpu temps are running at 45C load and 42c idle
and when i try and set the multiplier to 13 and fsb at 133 wont work just boots up like a regular 1900 and no .5 settings work anyone know anything about that 11.5 works like its at 11 and 12.5 works at 12 if anyone knows anything about this let me know plz mobo is kr7a133-r bios ver is cx latest one on abit site.

Many different mobos that have come out over the years have had problems with certain multipliers.

You're hitting some nice overclocks for a Palomino.
It's not unusual for a system to reset to default settings when overclocking.

Your particular setup may have probs with certain multipliers but overall you seem to be overclocking it OK.

Yeah, Palominos with good steppings tend to top out around 1.8GHz (although there are people who have hit 2GHz+, this is rather rare). I think with more voltage and better cooling you could possibly get a little more out of your CPU. What "stepping" do you have? AGOIA and AROIA tended to do rather well. As for the problems with the multiplier, it may be that your board does not properly support all 5 bits of the FID code, and so is limited to half of the available multipliers.

i was thinking of getting a mobile barton 2500 on this thing and some better ram and try and hit 13x166
do u think the multi's will work for that cpu? cause right now if i set fsb to 133 or any fsb 13x multi doesnt work so is it my cpu that wont do 13x133 or the mobo ?

Your mobo may not post any high range multiuplier on CPUs with default multiplier that's in the lower range.
It may only post low range (12.5 and lower.)

Epox 8RDA+ for example and almost every other nForce2 except Soltek, Abit will do that.

But if you put a CPU with a higher default range, like 2100+, it will post all multipliers on 2100+ without midifications.

Some mobos though will only post high range on CPUs with multis in the high range so you may end up only having 13 and up multis.

Back