• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile2400+&Nf7-S2.0 trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vidgion

this has been bothering me for almost a week and i usually find the problem but this time im lost-

mobile2400+ axmhxxxx and abit nf7-s2.0

wont do 2400mhz w/o bsod-

i rma'd a 8rda3+ last week for the same reason-

i've been reading all over the place and so far ppl only get the bsod from high fsb, well im @ 200 only but still get them-

i know its not the cpu b/c i;ve slapped 2 durons and a tbred in the board and they all get pukedup by bluescreens-

hours and hours i've tried to figure it out but i cant, need some advice or suggestions from someone whos experienced this-

i have the tictac bios which doesnt help-

this chip is ready to fly but i suspect sata is holding me back :(

please help me!

What voltages have you tried ?

What are the ram timings..? type of ram?... type of psu ? temps ?

i went as far as 1.925 vcore,max vdimm,max temp load 41c-

oczpc2700 2-2-2-5

enlight 3.3=30A/5v=40A=12v=18

high quality stuff, been ocing for years but never seen anything like this, its like sata crashes when im @ higher frequencies-

all chips i tested on the nf7-s and epox did the same-:(

i really hate to give up sata now that ive seen how much quicker than ata it is :/

plz help

thanks for your help guys,

well its dead now, sorta, i shutdown to install rest of my ram and when i hit the pwr, all i see is the splash screen with tictacs logo,

spent over an hour trying to get her back:(

it sucks too b/c the board is sweet, finally had it stable @ 2500mhz and only 44c load-

im sick @ the stomach, horrible week for me, thats two mobos with no success with the new chip :(

gonna cut time and send it to abit next week for repair which is something ive never done before, but this is the best mobo ive ever seen, and i've ordered over 15 boards last year alone-

till i get it back from abit though i have just ordered a dfi infinity to hold me till then-

oh well, thx again!

This might sound real dumb but hey ya never know ;)... when you clear the cmos or unplug the psu..and then you boot up behind the tictac logo it will be doing that memory test at boot up.. try pressing "esc" ...

Im sure you prolly did this.. but sometimes even I miss the dumbest things..:)

Thunda

ok, did some more reading while sobbing:( and tried the clear cmos with battery removed trick and it worked, it brought tears to my eyes with joy, man, im really in love with this board now i have it @ 2400mhz while starting over my burn-in formula-

one thing ill mention to you guys is that these bios maybe hurting my memory, been testing ram @ 215.2.9v and get errors in test #5 after 2hours or more-

only produce 2 errors but this ram does 215 no sweat on my other boards-

still running tests but lowered the vdimm to 2.8 to see if that helps, besides, its only ch-5:(

vidgion said:
max vdimm
oczpc2700 2-2-2-5

Why did I not notice that before... :(

You are trying to run PC2700 @ 200mhz 5-2-2-2 with only 2.9vdimm... Even if you put over 3v it would still be pretty hard to do that.. ..

Back