• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice and Mobile 2400+ on Dually?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord09

Hello all,

I was just wondering in comparison to the mobile 2500 and 2600s, how far does the Mobile 2400 generally clock to on average on what voltage? What abou the 2500 and 2600s?

I ask because I want to run a cheap dually system on a K7D with two of these processors. The 2400 is about $20 cheaper than the 2500. Is the price increase worthwhile? I'll be using the biggest heatsinks that'll fit ( SLK800/900 or whatever Swiftech cooler fits ) with quiet fans or eventually watercool them. I'd like to be able to get at least 2400 or even 2500. Possible with the 2400s?

Any dually users have experience?

Thanks...

DP

I dont have that processor but just be sure whatever you buy it runs at 266fsb and not 333 because the Dual AMD is a 266 system and at most depending on the board can hit 160 which is below the default for a 333 fsb processor.

Break then 3rd L5 bridge and they become unlocked MP's with a very low multi. Then do a socket wire mod to increase the multiplyer up to 16 or 17 and you should be able to OC to 2300-2600 depending on cooling and your max voltage.

I don't think there'll be much difference between 2400, 2500, and 2600 mobiles, it's really more luck that comes into play as they'll all be from similar stepping groups.

Arkaine, thanks for the info.

Looking over the the results of Mobile processors, 2500 seem to clock at littel better, but there's a bunch of a pretty good 2400 in there as well. I'll probably just go for the 2400+ and see where that takes me, the K7D has a max voltage of 1.85...

They all seem to be pretty good. I seemed to luck out and get one of the best steepings. See sig. The newer ones that people are getting are not doing so hot compared to the older ones.

Woah... 2866? Is that 24/7 use? What kinda cooling is that?

If I could dual 2500mhz, I'd be jumping up and down... hahahah

Lord09 said:
Woah... 2866? Is that 24/7 use? What kinda cooling is that?

If I could dual 2500mhz, I'd be jumping up and down... hahahah

Yep, Water cooled.

personally I'd get the 2400 xp-m since none of them really o/c better than the others.

I used to have a dullie watercooled rig myself until I upgraded to an A64 system...

I had considered doing to xp mobile's myself. but decided for the 30% performance boost they would give over my XP2000+'s even o/c'd wasn't worth it.

But lots of people have done it you need to blow the 4th L5 bridge as this is what makes it a mobile, or the mobo's will come up as unreconized. The 5th L5 is already jummpered on mobiles so thats taken care of.

you can pin mod it to higher multipiliers.. If you want to save yourself trouble get 2500, or 2600 to avoid all the pin mods to just get the crap to work.... BTW the new 2600mp's are barton cores.

PS my A64 system is considerably faster than my old dullie, only problem making the jump to an A64 system is the waterblocks at least the ones I have aren't compatible with the new socket mounting mechnisim, so I have to buy a new danger den 4 block. I got my 3200+ refurbed for $211 vs to XP2400+'s-m for $154 ???

Back