• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Invalid Dram clocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

babo

Hey I just got my lanparty 2b in yesterday and it's a total pain in the ***. I'm working with a mobile2500xp and 2x512's of Geil valueram 3200. For some reason whenever I try setting the FSB/ram clock ratio to anything other than speed or auto, I reboot and get this stupid alarm. It's the one beep one that starts as soon as I turn on my comp.

i also can't seem to overvolt my ram to 2.9 or higher, I get a different alarm that waits a few seconds, goes blank and gives me two beeps like an ambulance. I just tried volting my cpu and It gives me the alarm for anything over 1.8 too... maybe it is my power supply?

I'm running it the ram at 6-3-3 2.5 I don't know much about else though.

Any ideas whats the problem?

oh yeah I'm running the 1/21 bios too, didn't fix the problem.

Last edited:
RAM:CPU ratio should always be set at 1:1 for any NF2 rig.

Im not sure why you cannot run higher RAM voltages. How large is the power supply?

Did you consult your manual to see what the different beeps meant? If so please share with us, so we can try and figure out your problem.

yeah the power supply is only 300w I guess that is the problem.
i've got a 92mm vantec hogging it up.

I just swapped it for a 400w psu now ok, that fixed the volt problem. Also, Why does everyone want a 1:1 ratio for their dram clock wouldn't that mean everyone is underclocking their ram? How can I tell what my dram clock is if it doesn't show it in post? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
babo said:
yeah the power supply is only 300w I guess that is the problem.
i've got a 92mm vantec hogging it up.

I just swapped it for a 400w psu now ok, that fixed the volt problem. Also, Why does everyone want a 1:1 ratio for their dram clock wouldn't that mean everyone is underclocking their ram? How can I tell what my dram clock is if it doesn't show it in post? Thanks for the help.

Its not underclocking the RAM. It is running it at the same speed as the FSB. NF2 chipset MBs and AMDs in general (aside from 64bit) do not benifit like Intel chips do from running RAM faster/slower than the FSB. It cannot process the extra bandwith. You need to rasie the FSB speed to get any improvments with memory bandwith.

If the RAM clock does not show in the post, then go into the BIOS and set it. Once its set it, leae it alone.

Welcome to the forum

If you make a sig. of your current setup listing all your parts etc, is really crucial in order to get the right answer to your problem. Enjoy ideas here :D

Back